Footage of Focuser 8 from Aivascope

fabutch

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks!

you're right, that is not a "holiday rig" but definitely usable

total weight of 4/3 to FD+Canon+redclamp+Möller+Focuser8 is 950g, so similar or less than Sigma 18-35+speedbooser

Sorry, I haven't seen so much flare, this my first test and can't compare with other lens. I have to test more, in direct sunlight...

Thanks!

Yes the focus ring is not so smooth. Maybe with time it will loosen up. There is a little allen wrench provided, maybe it's for loosening it up.

The focus throw is a little short but we get used to it. It remains perfectly manageable.

I attached it to the Moller with a step-up ring 40.5mm to 52mm, fits perfectly.

Overall I'm very satisfied, build quality is very good and I'm very pleased about the picture.

I also have one. Picture quality is certainly usable and seems to exceed SLR RF by some margin. Flares seem almost the same with it on or off to my eye. It introduces a little softness towards the edges and highlight blooming at the most wide open aperatures but that's not always super apparent. Focus ring can be tightened or loosened with those hex screws, just be sure not to over tighten or the ring will no longer turn ;) . The ring and lens assembly has a little play which is fairly annoying (along with super short focus throw) but for the price I guess you can't be complaining too much given the alternatives. If I had the money I would still buy the Core DNA over anything else.

For the money I'd say this product is well worth it.

The video is very helpful.  I'm still on the fence, and from the video it looks very similar to the larger brother the FM module.  However the small size for small anamorphics makes it interesting.  Please post more footage if possible, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the 40.5 just screws right on to the Möller. I use a redclamp.

Here is the rig I used for the footages...

Gh4 - Edelkrone Pocket rig on lens support - M43 to canon FD - Canon FD 50mm 1.4 -55mm to 52mm - red clamp - Möller - 40.5mm to 52mm - Focuser8- 67mm to 72mm - BW nd filter - lens hood

focuser8_rig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...