Nikon High End DSLR/Mirrorless Rumors

Dustin

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Seriously?! So the only new thing someone has to hope is for SnapBridge to work? and then you are telling me about NX cameras, when their wireless capabilities can't even be touched by Nikon almost a decade later...

"20MP sensor (same sensor from the D500)

4K video

51 points AF

SnapBridge"

"Aldo  Lukasz • a day ago

but for 200 more get a d500? (used,gray,refurbished)"

"manattan  Aldo • a day ago

Exactly. Plus you get pro controls, a flip screen, QC mode, etc. Hence why the D500 makes more sense unless you need the built in flash"

and on another note " The Nikon D7200 uses Multi-CAM 3500 II DX 51-Point AF Sensor."

*20MP sensor will be, again, the lowest in APS-C land

*4K video, certainly it will be croped, and everyone and their mothers offer 4K these days, no big news here

*51 points AF, so what?! Do not even comment on that

*Snapbridge, just because it has a name, it doesn't make it different than what it is, and last time I checked on iTunes store it has 1.5 stars, and 2.3 stars on Android apps. How many applications have you downloaded that are 1.5 and 2.3 stars? I, none.

I fail to be excited about this announcement but of course everything new is welcomed, I would be more excited about a bigger than 1" mirrorless, with truly great video offerings.

3 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Seriously?! So the only new thing someone has to hope is for SnapBridge to work? and then you are telling me about NX cameras, when their wireless capabilities can't even be touched by Nikon almost a decade later...

"20MP sensor (same sensor from the D500)

4K video

51 points AF

SnapBridge"

"Aldo  Lukasz • a day ago

but for 200 more get a d500? (used,gray,refurbished)"

"manattan  Aldo • a day ago

Exactly. Plus you get pro controls, a flip screen, QC mode, etc. Hence why the D500 makes more sense unless you need the built in flash"

and on another note " The Nikon D7200 uses Multi-CAM 3500 II DX 51-Point AF Sensor."

*20MP sensor will be, again, the lowest in APS-C land

*4K video, certainly it will be croped, and everyone and their mothers offer 4K these days, no big news here

*51 points AF, so what?! Do not even comment on that

*Snapbridge, just because it has a name, it doesn't make it different than what it is, and last time I checked on iTunes store it has 1.5 stars, and 2.3 stars on Android apps. How many applications have you downloaded that are 1.5 and 2.3 stars? I, none.

I fail to be excited about this announcement but of course everything new is welcomed, I would be more excited about a bigger than 1" mirrorless, with truly great video offerings.

I wasn't telling you anything about NX cameras except that you cannot have a conversation about another camera without mentioning them... and that they didn't sell well so Samsung got out of the camera game in a really shady way... have they ever publicly admitted they have stopped making cameras?

As far as Snapbridge... I could not care less about wireless in a camera. 

And since the rest of your comment merely quotes the comment section more than the actual article, there's not much to say to that either. 

But to add, if this rumor is true, Nikon will produce the first ever $1000 4K DSLR. Will it be cropped... yeah probably. Will it have all the bells and whistles... not all but definitely some. Will the IQ be good... without a doubt. I'm at a point where I prefer the 1080p Nikon Flat Profile and color more than I like the Panasonic and Samsung 4K image... so I welcome an affordable Nikon 4K DSLR, even with the annoyances that come with it. 

@mercer 

I am Nikon friendly as possible, don't take me wrong! My best photo experiences lately are with Nikon dSLRs, I am just criticizing the lack of innovation so late in the game. They should produce a high end mirrorless, last year, when there were the NX to Nikon rumors, the marvelous tech of Samsung and the color science and photo experience (and lenses) of Nikon sounded like one of the most exciting things in the industry since the actual dSLRs. That never happened, even though I believe it was a win win situation for both of them.

I do not know what article you are referring to, as the link you post has these exact words 

"Here is the first set of rumored specifications for the Nikon D7300 DSLR camera:

20MP sensor (same sensor from the D500)

4K video

51 points AF

SnapBridge

I do not have an exact announcement date yet."

These are ALL the words, I googled it, and couldn't find any other information, if you can share a different link, please do.

So, from the 4 things, mentioned in the rumor, noone is really exciting -and here is the NX comment, again - have been done equally, and probably better, by a discontinued camera of 2014. I am brand agnostic, and for that, I can't fail to spot the amazing value NX equipment since have in this market.

Wireless capabilities maybe aren't your cup of tea, but for more and more people some wireless features are expected, it is the 21st century after all, and Nikon pushes it so much since the D500 announcement, that isn't only my imagination, Nikon DOES make it a big deal, even though they have failed to deliver.

I understand your enthusiasm for anything Nikon, but I can't stop feeling sad for moves that do not push the actual value of the company forward.

All I was hoping was a NXF1 mirrorless, Samsung futuristic tech and Nikon's photo wisdom of a century!

3 hours ago, Kisaha said:

@mercer 

I am Nikon friendly as possible, don't take me wrong! My best photo experiences lately are with Nikon dSLRs, I am just criticizing the lack of innovation so late in the game. They should produce a high end mirrorless, last year, when there were the NX to Nikon rumors, the marvelous tech of Samsung and the color science and photo experience (and lenses) of Nikon sounded like one of the most exciting things in the industry since the actual dSLRs. That never happened, even though I believe it was a win win situation for both of them.

I do not know what article you are referring to, as the link you post has these exact words 

"Here is the first set of rumored specifications for the Nikon D7300 DSLR camera:

20MP sensor (same sensor from the D500)

4K video

51 points AF

SnapBridge

I do not have an exact announcement date yet."

These are ALL the words, I googled it, and couldn't find any other information, if you can share a different link, please do.

So, from the 4 things, mentioned in the rumor, noone is really exciting -and here is the NX comment, again - have been done equally, and probably better, by a discontinued camera of 2014. I am brand agnostic, and for that, I can't fail to spot the amazing value NX equipment since have in this market.

Wireless capabilities maybe aren't your cup of tea, but for more and more people some wireless features are expected, it is the 21st century after all, and Nikon pushes it so much since the D500 announcement, that isn't only my imagination, Nikon DOES make it a big deal, even though they have failed to deliver.

I understand your enthusiasm for anything Nikon, but I can't stop feeling sad for moves that do not push the actual value of the company forward.

All I was hoping was a NXF1 mirrorless, Samsung futuristic tech and Nikon's photo wisdom of a century!

I agree. IMO it would have been a great collaboration, with Samsung leveraging their tech resources and Nikon their marketing resources, they could have produced extremely competitive cutting edge products doing that, that I am sure would have done very well commercially.

The big problem with Samsung was that their tech was amazing but their marketing effort was abysmal and completely inappropriate for the market they were trying to sell into. They treated the cameras in much the same way as their cell phones, where marketing is largely done by the distributors. But that is not how it works in the camera business, so their efforts were an epic flop (since they basically did nothing to try to sell the product).

I remember back when I got my NX1, just finding someone who sold the thing in Canada was a challenge, and Samsung themselves were no help in that regard. When asked, they would direct you to distributors who sold washing machines or TV sets. Even their own Samsung experience stores did not sell the camera, and in fact the people working there had never heard of it. The only place I could find that sold the NX1 was not one of their distributors, and their distributors did not sell the NX1. It was very bizarre and a crazy way to do business if you had half a thought of actually succeeding. My theory is that they had already decided to get out of cameras even BEFORE they started selling the NX1, and essentially what they were doing was selling off what they had manufactured to recover some of the investment. But they didn't tell us that, because if we knew then no one would buy the cameras at all.