My first 1DX II / 1DC wedding film

Matthew19

This was done in FF 1080p mode, which is still beautiful looking. I think that the image is improved over the other canon full frame options out there, espically for 60fps. Colors are exactly what I want.   I'll try and share a 4k wedding as soon as we shoot one. But, Is not looking forward to storing that data. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Look's great Matthew19- nice job editing and touching music choice. With a little post sharpening it can be sharp enough for tight and medium shots, which looks like most of your shots. For wides it's still not going to looking like 4K downsampled to 1080p. For YouTube which is watched heavily on mobile devices these days, the in-camera 1080p is detailed enough.

I still have a 5D3 (haven't shot H.264 video with it in a long time) and don't feel that the 1DX II is improved in sharpness/detail over the 5D3 post sharpened (here's a test I did after the 5D3 debate that it was too soft):

For anything serious and short in length I use the 1DX II in 4K and downsample (lately only for 4K 60 paired with the C300 II as the primary camera).

In any case, the 1080p from both cameras is sharp/detailed enough for people/closeups/mid shots and the colors look great out of camera. People have been using diffusion/softening filters (e.g. Black Pro-Mist, nylon stockings) to take the edge off over-sharp cameras for a long time :)

Looks great! I've seen a lot of your work and it's always really well done.

I don't necessarily think high detail is super important / flattering for wedding videography anyway. The color science outta the 1DC/1DX looks great and I think that's more important for this line of work. 

18 hours ago, jcs said:

For anything serious and short in length I use the 1DX II in 4K and downsample (lately only for 4K 60 paired with the C300 II as the primary camera).

In any case, the 1080p from both cameras is sharp/detailed enough for people/closeups/mid shots and the colors look great out of camera. People have been using diffusion/softening filters (e.g. Black Pro-Mist, nylon stockings) to take the edge off over-sharp cameras for a long time :)

Looks nice and detailed. I think post sharpening is a must with Canon.