Film Convert Is Dead!

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Personally, I've stopped using Film Grain & especially if i'm uploading to Vimeo or YouTube - you've got to layer it so heavy, for those platforms, that in the end it kinda looks worse than if you left it alone. But, there is a time and a place to use it, and it can look really nice, but not really on V or YT.

It's an interesting topic because recently there's a guy over at BMCuser that is designing his own film grain. My only problem with this guy's efforts is that he's using the BM Pocket & to my eye, when you lift under exposed footage from it, the pocket produces very nice organic grain type noise. So i've been experimenting with doing exactly that, but the only problem comes when shooting in daylight/brightly lit scenarios - it's hard to get a consistant noise that will match dark scenarios. And so the experiment continues.....

To use or not use, it's totally your choice in the end. BUT if you're using an 8-bit codec, you really need to stop using c-log or whatever & try to get as much right in-camera as possible - then you'll only need to do minor CC & your image won't fall apart like a soppy burger on a friday night.....

One last thing: Film Convert is amazing for everything else, especially how it renders highlight/shadow roll off