Sign in to follow this  
Phil A

Drunk Adventurers - Eat, drink & travel

It's nowhere near some of the great short movies and docu stuff you guys post here but I thought I might as well share what we're currently working on.

We started Instagram-ing food photography themed stuff in 2015 with the focus that it's actually edible food (not "styled" food), a lot of booze and some traveling in between. At some point we got the idea that we also might start making clips for Instagram, especially now that you're not bound to the 15 second limit anymore. We've just now started to fill a back log of articles with he recipes for the stuff into an own website and will also create more and more moving stuff which we put on YT, also longer and more informative.

Actually I would really appreciate constructive feedback.

I know there's jello on some of the handheld shots (NX1 + A6300), I'm looking for better camera stabilization for the future to fix that.

Also still working on better text overlays/lower thirds but I'm only using Resolve at the moment and it seems that you need AfterEffects/Fusion for that or some expensive plugin like BCC.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By julien t
      Hi all!
      I'm sharing with you a moody film I did during a short trip in Berlin from last june. Don't worry you will not be drawned under a ton of crazy trendy transitions. Just let the video takes you through History with a big H.

This city is so inspiring.
      Feel free to ask me about the workflow.

some technicals specs :

Shot with a canon 5D MK III
      1920x872 @24fps
      with crop_rec_4k.2018Jul22.5D3113
      edit and color corrected with davinci resolve 15

(by the way thank a lot Andrew Reid for taking the time to create your books, I purchased them a while ago, and even if was using before ML, they offered a good help earlier on the year.)

• By mechanicalEYE
      Redrock Micro Mini Handheld rig for mirror less cameras. This rig is in excellent condition.
      Price: $245.00
      Payment method: PayPal

Lightly used Redrock Micro Mini Handheld Rig for Mirror less Cameras.

Excellent condition. Can be configured in a variety of ways to suit most shooting styles.

https://shop.redrockmicro.com/product/mini-handheld-rig-for-mirrorless-cameras/

I am asking 245.00 shipped within the USA. will ship internationally at buyer expense.

• By Matt Kieley
      So all summer I've bene working on this short film, which is in the Sound Design/ADR/VFX/Scoring stage right now. It's the first really "serious" (as in made with the intention of submitting to festivals and not just dumped online) project I've done since my first feature film way back in 2009-2010.
      Chicken is a horror comedy about a woman named Brenda, who has fallen on hard times financially, and is working as a mascot sign dancer for a chicken fast food restaurant, Wally's Chicken. But her boss, Steve, is a pill-popping abusive lunatic who bullies and pushes her to perform up to the standard of the former beloved mascot, who has recently passed away. As the stress of her job mounts, Brenda begins to believe she is being stalked by Chicken mascot.
      Here are a few grabs:

From the fake crappy local commercial that opens the film. The signs of the restaurant we filmed at still need to be replaced.

Guinevere P.H. Dethlefson as Brenda

Brandon Nebitt as Steve.

Shot ont he Sony a6300 with mostly the Rokinon 16mm, and occasionally the Canon FD 35-105mm 3.5 zoom. It should be complete by the end of the year, and probably premiere next year. I may even share a private link here before it's premiere if there is any interest. Here's a little glimpse of some sign dancing:

• By maxotics
      Hi guys, I've been developing a gadget to vlog with Sony cameras.  As you know the screen doesn't tilt 180-degrees.  I'm selling the functional prototypes here http://maxotics.com/vlogging-mirror-for-sony-cameras/  
      However, if it doesn't cost much for me to send it to you (that is; you're in the US) I'm happy send any EOSHD reader one for free if they have a real need for it and give some feedback.  (Of course, this will only last until my supply runs out  or it goes into some "production").  You can PM me here.
      Andrew, if you're reading this and want one, let me know your address and I'll send the latest build.
    • By Gregormannschaft
      Hey folks. Last year I travelled to Sri Lanka for four weeks, hopping about the place and pulling all kinds of strange poses in the name of having a totally not relaxing vacation. But it's what happens, I guess. I edited together all the footage I collected and I'd love to hear any kind of feedback you might have. In hindsight, I wish I'd collected more footage, but I hope that doesn't shine through too strongly.

Edit wise, I dabbled a little with the fast zooms that have become so commonplace in this genre over the past few years but wanted to restrain myself so to not go too overboard. The Watchtower of Turkey style isn't really my thing, as much as I appreciate it, but I wanted to steal a little of that energy films like this can generate.

Cam wise, I used my Sony A7SII, GFILM colour profile, Canon 24-105 and an old Zeiss Jena 35mm that I absolutely love. No rigs, no stabiliser.