A7SII 4k LCD Monitor Brightness Dealbreaker

blafarm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, jax_rox said:

For reference, my A7sII doesnt do this in any way. I bought mine this year and it is running newer firmware. YMMV, but I've not experienced this issue.

Follow the settings listed in the first post of this thread.  It is highly unlikely that your camera does not do this.

8 hours ago, blafarm said:

Follow the settings listed in the first post of this thread.  It is highly unlikely that your camera does not do this.

I'll check screen brightness settings and test again. FWIW, I've never felt the need to change the screen brightness, even when shooting in 'sunny weather'. Based on the video, it looks as though you could quite easily mistake things for properly or overexposed in the bright monitor setting when it reality it isn't. I think I'd personally rather an accurate depiction of exposure. 

But I'll test anyway and see if I can replicate. As always YMMV.

On 11/3/2015 at 11:31 AM, blafarm said:

Still, not being able to see what you are shooting, and the requirement of an external high NIT monitor, is infuriating.  Sony should at least give us the choice...

My choice was to buy a sombrero!!! 

Works great at keeping the LCD in shade. The only problem is... now my balls keep getting caught behind the tilting screen...

855416713_tp.jpg

On 11/12/2017 at 7:43 AM, Mattias Burling said:

Could it be because you have your screen brightness on medium or something from the start?
What happens if you put it on maximum and then record?

Ive had the A7sii but can't remember any such issue.

This.

My A7S ii screen brightness was set to manual and zero (by default?). If you put it on sunny weather, then record 4K, the dimming is noticeable. In 4K, it probably dims the screen to default (zero) brightness, because the dimming is only noticeable if your screen was originally set to sunny weather (which is probably +2 brightness).