Top sources say Sony developing full frame A99 as hybrid GH2-like DSLR targeting professional filmmakers

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[quote name='EOSHD' timestamp='1344704940' post='15307']
What you list is pretty amazing, when you have all that (inc. peaking, etc.) what 'cinema quality features' are you referring to that would improve a DSLR? Raw codec? We have Blackmagic for that. 10bit colour, etc.? It doesn't make a huge difference. I'd be very happy with that list alone.
[/quote]

Cinema quality features as in RAW codec or LOG uncompressed option, HD-SDI port, XLR etc... Yes the Blackmagic Cam is enough for the Indie filmmakers requirements for low price cinema camera. For event filmmakers though, the massive filesizes of uncompressed and RAW is just not that nescessary for the mid-level post prod , quick delivery requirements (same day edit) and run n gun shooting that they do. I should know, I shoot weddings for a living..using all Nex cameras. (FS100,VG10,Nex 5Ns and 7).

[quote name='quobetah' timestamp='1344770356' post='15384']
Cinema quality features as in RAW codec or LOG uncompressed option, HD-SDI port, XLR etc... Yes the Blackmagic Cam is enough for the Indie filmmakers requirements for low price cinema camera. For event filmmakers though, the massive filesizes of uncompressed and RAW is just not that nescessary for the mid-level post prod , quick delivery requirements (same day edit) and run n gun shooting that they do. I should know, I shoot weddings for a living..using all Nex cameras. (FS100,VG10,Nex 5Ns and 7).
[/quote]

the price is good, however, how many owners would graduate to cinema. 99% of owners will have their vid compressed on TV or youtube, defeating the purpose of uncompressed vid, although I've been told result isn't bad. Getting Da Vinci Licence is the deal maker for some

[quote name='amband' timestamp='1344771945' post='15386']
the price is good, however, how many owners would graduate to cinema. 99% of owners will have their vid compressed on TV or youtube, defeating the purpose of uncompressed vid, although I've been told result isn't bad. Getting Da Vinci Licence is the deal maker for some
[/quote]

The purpose of the uncompressed vid is for the sake of editing, post, and the best aquisition possible. Once all that is done, a compressed interframe codec is always the way to go for output. Most Blu-Ray uses AVCHD and a bit rate that's significantly lower then what you get out of the 5D3, but there is a reason "No Country for Old Men" on blu-ray looks 100 times better than anything you'd ever see off a 5D using intra-frame compression. In other words, a better acquisition format will still look better once it's compressed intelligently.

i also check this blog every day because i´m bored and addicted to camera p+rn, but i´m not gonna get excited about this one.

if they have all that video technology up their sleeve, why didn´t they use it on the a77 already? just had an a77 in hand. it´s a plastic toy. hate the electronic viewfinder. much prefer fuji hybrid one.

a99 will be a consumer product with consumer features.

will be fun to quote you all after the disappointing announcement of the actual a99 specs.

[quote name='nickname' timestamp='1344896696' post='15582']
i also check this blog every day because i´m bored and addicted to camera p+rn, but i´m not gonna get excited about this one.

if they have all that video technology up their sleeve, why didn´t they use it on the a77 already? just had an a77 in hand. it´s a plastic toy. hate the electronic viewfinder. much prefer fuji hybrid one.

a99 will be a consumer product with consumer features.

will be fun to quote you all after the disappointing announcement of the actual a99 specs.
[/quote]

it's not going to happen as they have a dedicated camcorder in the vg-20- and it's a small step up to the FS100. So the " top sources " did not say this, and if they did, only to cloud the issue playing cards close to their sleeve