Motion Cadencemo

Oliver Daniel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 3/1/2024 at 10:58 AM, KnightsFan said:

I really dislike rolling shutter. It's one of my least favorite imperfections. I'm not saying "global shutter or bust" but the faster the better, and 10ms is around the cutoff where I'm happy. Quick controlled pans don't bother me so much as the vague wobble when it's on a steadicam, or handheld.

What would be useful is if a camera manufacturer designed the cameras to be switchable. I don't know how it all works but I get the impression that with CMOS sensors there's a trade-off between global shutter and dynamic range. If that's really the case then it would be good if a cinema camera was able to switch from one to the other. One setting would be global shutter but lower DR, the other would be higher DR but with rolling shutter. Then it would depend on the scene being shot, (and the lighting) which one you would choose for any given set up. 

24 minutes ago, QuickHitRecord said:

Does the motion from Fujifilm cameras look really off to anyone else? It's so disappointing to me. The colors that those cameras produce can be so nice. I've never used one before and I wonder if it could be improved by shooting at 1/40.

Never really shot with a Fuji but I watched a lot of videos and I think the XH2s looks great... in ProRes anyway (that's all I'm interested in with that camera) but I think the camera is way overpriced. I'd get an R5 or R5C for just a little more.

21 hours ago, QuickHitRecord said:

Does the motion from Fujifilm cameras look really off to anyone else? It's so disappointing to me. The colors that those cameras produce can be so nice. I've never used one before and I wonder if it could be improved by shooting at 1/40.

My wife uses Fuji and I'm on that system occasionally using her cameras for video.  Yes, slowing the shutter to 40 makes a big difference.  In general I use slow shutter to mask the digi-ness of these hybrid cams (and phones)