Here is a short summary of all the main things the GH5 II improves upon compared to the original camera.
- 10bit recording is now available in 4K/60p. This is in DCI format, full sensor width, 4096 x 2160 with 4:2:0 colour sampling. Recording is unlimited, but there is an overheating cut off.
- Wireless live streaming direct via Wifi router (or smartphone app) in 1080p/60p
- New anti-reflective coating on the sensor (same sensor as original GH5)
- Latest autofocus improvements (like S5)*
- Latest LSI / image processor
- Latest IBIS algorithm from S1H
- USB C PD charging and updated battery (same fit as original)
- Brighter main LCD screen
- New image profiles: V-LOG-L is now pre-installed at no extra cost. CineLike D2 and V2. In addition new monochrome profiles.
- Non-linear or linear setting for fly by wire focus ring (requires firmware update for each compatible lens)
- Red frame outline indicator option*
*Also available for GH5S in 2.0 firmware update coming June 9th
Available at the end of June for $1699 / £1499 body only.