Ty Harper Posted September 10 Share Posted September 10 Interesting update on the FP front. A user has apparently developed a way to use the FP's internal gyro data to get post-production stabilization via the cam's SD card (vs needing to attach an additional piece of external hardware). You can get more details here: https://discord.com/channels/1542149935523299378/1542153963837853807 And this is an FB group where the developer made the annoucement earlier this week, and is discussing it with other owners: https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1EPzkeRZny/?mibextid=wwXIfr There is also a user (Vitaly Li) who literally just posted about a new mod they're developing that could give the FP 3000x2000 open gate: https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1F1sixsTzz/?mibextid=wwXIfr Personaly I've moved on from my dreams of owning an FP, but this is seems like pretty promising news for FP users. Dane Reindel, Emanuel and eatstoomuchjam 2 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
eatstoomuchjam Posted September 11 Share Posted September 11 Someone named Vitaly hacking a camera? Oh boy. 😅 Ty Harper, Emanuel, kye and 1 other 1 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MrSMW Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 On 9/10/2026 at 10:45 PM, Ty Harper said: Personaly I've moved on from my dreams of owning an FP, but this is seems like pretty promising news for FP users. Ditto. Sadly too many compromises for me... I really hope they work on something new though as their lenses are 👍 and I use them exclusively now. I have a feeling they won't bother though with stuff like the ZVE1, ZR, S9 available (and hopefully S9ii in the near future). Ty Harper 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ty Harper Posted 1 hour ago Author Share Posted 1 hour ago They same guy has reportedly added the ability to monitor the image properly using the FP's LCD screen: "For a long time, getting accurate exposure when shooting RAW on the SIGMA fp has been a little difficult. I've always used EL ZONE to help with exposure, but when I wanted to understand the overall brightness and color distribution of the image, I still found it a bit difficult. So I created **RAW View**, a monitoring mode based on the fp's exposure latitude. Highlights are no longer clipped early by the stock monitoring pipeline, and the histogram and waveform now work properly with the displayed range. I think this could also be useful for still photography. RAW View maps the fp's publicly documented ~12.5 stops of dynamic range into a Rec.709 display range. There are currently two modes: **SA — Latitude · Stop Aligned** Aligns the display according to the latitude and stop distribution at each ISO. **GA — Latitude · Gray Aligned** Keeps middle gray fixed at approximately 41%. You can choose GA or SA depending on your preferred exposure and monitoring workflow. ### CinemaDNG Color Matrix When using **AEL**, adjusting the Saturation setting before recording CinemaDNG can apply SIGMA's original **Standard Color matrix** to the DNG metadata. If you want to keep the usual **OFF CinemaDNG** behavior, simply leave Saturation at its default setting. For those who like experimenting, you're also very welcome to try recording with the matrix enabled and see how it affects your CinemaDNG workflow and color rendering in DaVinci Resolve. I'd be very interested in your results. I think most fp users are already very happy with the image quality. It's the small pain points that can sometimes make the camera frustrating to use — and I'm starting to think that fixing these little things may actually be one of the most useful parts of fpSup. The latest test version is: **fpSup-RAW-View v0.2.2test** The monitoring curves are mainly based on published SIGMA data and Ole Berek's *SIGMA fp Rec709 LUT & Operations Guide v3*. I cannot guarantee that the curves or implementation are completely accurate. If you notice any incorrect exposure behavior, curve issues, or bugs, please let me know. Thank you! You can find the download and detailed installation instructions for this unofficial patch in the replies to this post, along with a more detailed explanation of how it works. ⚠️ **Experimental / Unofficial** fpSup is an unofficial experimental modification and is not affiliated with or supported by SIGMA. This is still a **test** release and may contain bugs, freezes, recording issues, or incorrect monitoring. Please test it with your own camera and workflow before relying on it for important or non-repeatable shoots." Technical Details: https://ijigen.github.io/fpSup/explainers/raw-view.html Download & Instructions: https://ijigen.github.io/fpSup/tools/card-composer/ Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now