Bold

Seeking Info About the B&H Projection Lens

Here are the results from my "BMPCC HD | RUN & GUN ANAMORPHIC RIG IN ACTION" based on this B&H and my mods:

• Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera HD (Original)
  • BELL & HOWELL 16mm f/1.4 Anamorphic Lens
  • Custom 3D Printed Anamorphic Projector Lens Housing
  • Vid Atlantic Clamp for taking lens mount
  • Canon FD 50mm f/1.8 Taking Lens
  • Deity V-Mic D3 Pro Shotgun Microphone
  • Custom 3D Printed NP-F970 battery based design
  • Universal NPF battery connector
  • MISC 3D Parts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi everyone I Just wanted to update everyone that I have Found that the front part of a 55mm metal lens hood will fit perfectly into the m58 Helicoid, in order to make it fit over the Bell & Howell scope you have to cut off the 55mm side so it can slide over

(I used a exhaust pipe cutter for cutting, it wasn’t the easiest but definitely doable ?)

8F187259-EB4F-478F-8FAA-A8F3CFB02BD6.jpeg

Hi Guys,

I just started diving into the anamorphic world. Recently purchased B&H anamorphic lens. Came across this post with lot of valuable information to create the single focus solution. My lens didn't come with the backside series 7 adapter (silver) . What are the alternative available on eaby for replacement?

Thanks,

Dnyanesh

@dnyanesh ambhore Finding an original silver Series VII ring replacement for the B&H is extremely rare. I've never seen one on eBay

1. I know of one resource that used to have a couple of these available. If there are any left it probably will cost around $75
  2. I made a mold of my silver ring, and used it to cast some duplicates in polyurethane. Not as durable as the original. But as Tito suggested, you can attach a Series VII step up ring to it - like a SeriesVII-to-52mm for example - then use the 52mm thread for attaching other step up rings to match the various thread sizes of your taking lenses. This eliminates wear and tear on the polyurethane. I'm not sure if I have any left but I can check - lets call it $25 including shipping (U.S. only)
  3. You may want to check with Jim Chang at Rapido Technology to see if he has something that will work in its place. He makes really excellent anamorphic accessories.

If option 1 or 2 interests you, PM me and I can give you further info.

On 6/13/2020 at 1:06 AM, dnyanesh ambhore said:

Hi Guys,

I just started diving into the anamorphic world. Recently purchased B&H anamorphic lens. Came across this post with lot of valuable information to create the single focus solution. My lens didn't come with the backside series 7 adapter (silver) . What are the alternative available on eaby for replacement?

Thanks,

Dnyanesh

I have the ring with an S7 adapter to 58mm adapter if you're still interested 

Is there a way to tune the sharpness on these by opening them up like the Sankor and Kowas? 

I'd also like to flock the inside.