Seeking Info About the B&H Projection Lens

Bold

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Guys,

I just started diving into the anamorphic world. Recently purchased B&H anamorphic lens. Came across this post with lot of valuable information to create the single focus solution. My lens didn't come with the backside series 7 adapter (silver) . What are the alternative available on eaby for replacement?

Thanks,

Dnyanesh

@dnyanesh ambhore Finding an original silver Series VII ring replacement for the B&H is extremely rare. I've never seen one on eBay

1. I know of one resource that used to have a couple of these available. If there are any left it probably will cost around $75
  2. I made a mold of my silver ring, and used it to cast some duplicates in polyurethane. Not as durable as the original. But as Tito suggested, you can attach a Series VII step up ring to it - like a SeriesVII-to-52mm for example - then use the 52mm thread for attaching other step up rings to match the various thread sizes of your taking lenses. This eliminates wear and tear on the polyurethane. I'm not sure if I have any left but I can check - lets call it $25 including shipping (U.S. only)
  3. You may want to check with Jim Chang at Rapido Technology to see if he has something that will work in its place. He makes really excellent anamorphic accessories.

If option 1 or 2 interests you, PM me and I can give you further info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 1:06 AM, dnyanesh ambhore said:

Hi Guys,

I just started diving into the anamorphic world. Recently purchased B&H anamorphic lens. Came across this post with lot of valuable information to create the single focus solution. My lens didn't come with the backside series 7 adapter (silver) . What are the alternative available on eaby for replacement?

Thanks,

Dnyanesh

I have the ring with an S7 adapter to 58mm adapter if you're still interested 

Is there a way to tune the sharpness on these by opening them up like the Sankor and Kowas? 

I'd also like to flock the inside. 

• 7 months later...

If you have one of the small Bell & Howell 2x anamorphic lens and want to modify it to make it more usable then you need to watch this tutorial video. I tried to cover exactly how to modify it in detail and close up so you will feel confident in converting your lens. If you have any questions at all leave a comment on the video or here and I will do my best to try and answer them for you.

https://youtu.be/_oONjRSZ7_k

Screenshot_20210225-201833_YouTube.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 6/15/2020 at 8:18 AM, Bold said:

@dnyanesh ambhore Finding an original silver Series VII ring replacement for the B&H is extremely rare. I've never seen one on eBay

1. I know of one resource that used to have a couple of these available. If there are any left it probably will cost around $75
  2. I made a mold of my silver ring, and used it to cast some duplicates in polyurethane. Not as durable as the original. But as Tito suggested, you can attach a Series VII step up ring to it - like a SeriesVII-to-52mm for example - then use the 52mm thread for attaching other step up rings to match the various thread sizes of your taking lenses. This eliminates wear and tear on the polyurethane. I'm not sure if I have any left but I can check - lets call it $25 including shipping (U.S. only)
  3. You may want to check with Jim Chang at Rapido Technology to see if he has something that will work in its place. He makes really excellent anamorphic accessories.

If option 1 or 2 interests you, PM me and I can give you further info.

Bold, I'm interested. Also, I've read this entire thread -> 1+hrs since I found it; awesome read! I went to your site but there's no way for me to register. Please advice, and thanks! Rick.