Speed Booster X0.71 or 0.64 On BMCC

enny

Hi guys I bought my self black magic cinema camera 2.5k MFT I also have set of yashica ml prime lenses, I am looking to purchase metabones speed buster. On metabones website they have new speed booster  Contax Yashica CY Lens to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster ULTRA x0.71 CINE I am not sure if this one will work with my full frame lenses and BMCC 2.5k  as I was researching it say it might vignette with full frame lenses. Also 6 years back I owned this camera with metabones speed buster and same lenses but can’t remember which metabones it was I only found a pic of it below I think it might be 0.64x version what should I do here any help would be appreciated 

IMG_0497.jpeg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It's the 0.64 version, specifically built for the Bmcc. It has it printed on top of the plastic shell. Check out the official website:

https://www.metabones.com/products/details/mb_spef-bmcc-bm1

Ef version. Contax to ef mount can be connected with an adapter. I imagine you already know that.

But haven't you been handling speedboosters a lot before?

Have you settled for Zeiss or Yashica ML?

1 hour ago, PannySVHS said:

It's the 0.64 version, specifically built for the Bmcc. It has it printed on top of the plastic shell. Check out the official website:

https://www.metabones.com/products/details/mb_spef-bmcc-bm1

Ef version. Contax to ef mount can be connected with an adapter. I imagine you already know that.

But haven't you been handling speedboosters a lot before?

Have you settled for Zeiss or Yashica ML?

Hi yes I did have this setup 7 years ago sold it all but now I am buying my old gear back. Owned pocked cinema camera with speed booster but it did not have any markings of  BMCC then I remember I just kept it and used it in BMCC2.5k 

you mentioned I can used ef speed booster made for BMCC with yashica adapter ?  I ever know that would that introduce any issues ?

thansk for your isn 

The Bmcc booster is specifically suited to the sensor. Printed letters on the shell are indeed bmcc. There is another 0.64 booster without this specific bmcc lettering for the Lumix GH line besides a similar 0.71 model. Contax to EF adapter and you are set. Had been using ef to contax. Just test out some of these very affordable adapters. How have you been using your Yashica ML lenses, with an ef to mft adapter?

3 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

The Bmcc booster is specifically suited to the sensor. Printed letters on the shell are indeed bmcc. There is another 0.64 booster without this specific bmcc lettering for the Lumix GH line besides a similar 0.71 model. Contax to EF adapter and you are set. Had been using ef to contax. Just test out some of these very affordable adapters. How have you been using your Yashica ML lenses, with an ef to mft adapter?

I see I believe I just bought non specific MFT to CY yashica speed buster like one in the image for black magic pocket then I just used it in my BMCC 2.5k when I bough. I found some images  of my sled buster I don’t see any BMCC markings

You mentioned I can buy  Canon EF Lens to BMCC Speed Booster and just sue adapter between my yashica and speedboster ?  

Thanks for you help  

IMG_0547.jpeg

IMG_0544.jpeg

IMG_0543.jpeg

IMG_0541.jpeg

IMG_0545.png

You can adapt various mounts to EF, such as Pentax, Nikon F, M42 and Yashica Contax. The latter youn cannot adapt to Nikon as the flange distance is larger. Nikon F has one of the largest if not the largest flange distance of any 135 film cameras. You can adapt Nikon lenses to EF but not the other way around. See flange distance on wikipedia as it lists the different mounts and flange distances. The you can check if adapters for different combinations of mounts are available.

18 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

You can adapt various mounts to EF, such as Pentax, Nikon F, M42 and Yashica Contax. The latter youn cannot adapt to Nikon as the flange distance is larger. Nikon F has one of the largest if not the largest flange distance of any 135 film cameras. You can adapt Nikon lenses to EF but not the other way around. See flange distance on wikipedia as it lists the different mounts and flange distances. The you can check if adapters for different combinations of mounts are available.

Thank you for the info so basically metabons speedboster EF I can use my yashica lenses with adapter ?

4 hours ago, mkabi said:

If you went EF mount route, I would've recommended the Magic Booster by LucAdapter.

In my opinion its a cleaner application...
https://www.lucadapterstore.com/product-page/magic-booster-c-2-5k

I think he is only applying an OLPF filter here not the actual focal reducer, but same way to apply it:

Won’t work for me my is M43