Color DNG in ACR

Turboguard

I've talked about this before on the forum, and have since tried multiple solutions (incl. one from Philip Bloom).

But it NEVER works.

My latest try was like this;

1. Shot a short 1min sequence on the Blackmagic Pocket in RAW.

2. Opened the sequence in Adobe Bridge and accessed the Camera Raw feature.

3. Colored one frame, selected all and synchronized. Now they all look the same in Bridge but not in preview mode on my mac nor in Premiere Pro.

4. Opened Bridge again but this time in Camera Raw saved all my frames as .TIFF (with Adobe RGB (1998)), put them in a new folder.

5. Imported first frame into Premiere Pro just like I do with DNG to get my sequence but now only the frame shows up as a single frame in Premiere Pro. 

What am I doing wrong? Why doesn't it work? The reason why I want ACR to work is because I love the fast workflow and also access to Chroma Noise reduction. I can't afford DaVinci Resolve and I think the workflow with it takes more time any way. 

Has anyone every gotten this to work? If so, how? I'm out of options and so extremely upset with nothing working out for me.

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've talked about this before on the forum, and have since tried multiple solutions (incl. one from Philip Bloom).

But it NEVER works.

​Glad you got it!

If you have more than just a couple of Dng folders to process for your project, there is a faster and very easy way to use Adobe Camera Raw compared to the Adobe Bridge route I shared in your previous thread. 

1. Open AE, then click File> Scripts> Run script file>  browse to the location of the Immigration script, select it and click ok.
2. A window opens and you simply browse to the location of your dng folders and double click.  Let the script do its work and then select the dng folders you wish to import.

You will get to use ACR on each file and have them ready to go for either immediate use in AE or simply select all and send to Render Queue for export.You will need to download the Immigration script  http://aescripts.com/immigration  ( free unrestricted for more than a month I believe.

I can't afford DaVinci Resolve and I think the workflow with it takes more time any way. 

1. ​Resolve Lite is free. (Exactly the same features as the regular version, minus noise reduction and some 3D stuff.)
  2. Adobe Camera Raw is absolutely primitive. Think about it: you're grading a single frame in ACR. In Resolve you're able to grade the entire sequence. Practice using Resolve a few minutes a day.

​The workflow may be primitive, but the results aren't.  Before the release of Resolve 11.2 (less than a month ago) in which the debayering process was updated, ACR certainly provided an optimal debayer for the BM, ML, and fs700/CD raw files (can't speak for other raw files) as well as easy lens and perspective correction without plugins, plus grain and noise control. Anyways, both are great products intended for different purposes. 

I  prefer Resolve though and agree with andrgl that with a little practice you will be far happier with Resolve for motion.

Raw debayer after (top) and before (bottom) Resolve 11.2 More info http://vanhurkman.com/wordpress/?p=3208  (these are his images)

after.png

before.png

after1.png

before1.png

​The workflow may be primitive, but the results aren't.  Before the release of Resolve 11.2 (less than a month ago) in which the debayering process was updated, ACR certainly provided an optimal debayer for the BM, ML, and fs700/CD raw files (can't speak for other raw files) as well as easy lens and perspective correction without plugins, plus grain and noise control. Anyways, both are great products intended for different purposes. 

I  prefer Resolve though and agree with andrgl that with a little practice you will be far happier with Resolve for motion.

Raw debayer after (top) and before (bottom) Resolve 11.2 More info http://vanhurkman.com/wordpress/?p=3208  (these are his images)

​Maybe primitive was the wrong word to use. I agree ACR has great features that are way more accessible. Resolve is overwhelming but incredibly powerful. It's also becoming easier to use with each update. Thanks for the blog post.