New forum bugs - please report here

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

Please post any issues here you might have with the new forum software! If you get an error message please cut and paste the text from the page and say what time it happened. If you generally provide as much specific information as you can about how it happened and on what device, which version of browser you are using, only then can I fix it. Cheers and thanks in advance for helping! Andrew

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I already posted this in another tread, but let's move it here:
If I try to follow this tread: "Let's see what the Samsung NX1 is REALLY capable of - shooting 4K in sunny Lisbon", I get a popup, where I can click "Follow this". Then I get another page with the same content as the popup. If I click "Follow this" again, I get this message:
"Sorry, there is a problem
Something went wrong. Please try again.
Error code: EX1062"
I noticed, that the same happens with older topics I followed earlier. Now with this new engine my followed content is gone, and I can't re-follow them. However, I can easily follow new topics.
I checked this in the latest IE, FF, and Chrome, it's not browser dependent. I'm on Windows 7, if that matters.

• Administrators

Sure, this is what I see first:

Then I click "Follow this", and it gets me to this page:

Then I click "Follow this" again, and the result is:

It has to do something with the topics I followed before the new engine, as I have no problems following anything else.

​OK thanks, very useful. Good report. Will look into how to fix it.

• Administrators

There just seems to be some problems with some special characters like ñ. My name is all weird now, I hope it's soon going to be fixed otherwise I love the new look of the site.

​Database has switched to UTF unicode character set so yes some characters have been corrupted. You can edit your display name. Try putting the ñ back in and save the name. If that doesn't work let me know on here and I'll edit you in the admin panel!

The new site is great, but here are a few more bugs.

Sometimes the message doesn't appear from the last poster in a thread, however, the member's name appears as the last poster in a thread on the main forum page.  In addition, the actual message can found on the member's profile.

Also, when I clicked on the icon indicating that a notification was waiting, the icon disappeared with no notification.

Wish that there was a preview function in the editor.

• Administrators

Sometimes the message doesn't appear from the last poster in a thread, however, the member's name appears as the last poster in a thread on the main forum page.  In addition, the actual message can found on the member's profile.

​Do you see this happening with more than one thread? I only see it affecting the Official Shogun thread at the moment. It happens when the discussion spills onto the next page. The next page isn't added. I have to go into the control panel and change the number of posts per page, then it fixes it, until it spills over onto yet another page and I have to do the same again. Really annoying.

If this affects all future threads it really needs to be fixed urgently so keep an eagle eye for this one. Thanks.

This isn't a big deal of course, but I've noticed my avatar keeps disappearing on log out. A first it used my twitter avatar, and then it stopped showing up. Just the default grey avatar. Then I uploaded an old one, and that stuck for a bit, and then eventually disappeared again too. I'm on my 4th one now. 

Again, no big deal at all, but as long as you're "bug collecting". ;)

• Administrators

A note about the "Followed Content" section

This is currently not working. You can still follow posts, forums and members but please look at the notifications for the activity you're following rather than the followed content page.

It will be working again in the future once the software gets updated.

Cheers!

I received a private message that I wrote a reply to. When I clicked the submit button it all seemed to have gone ok - no error message or so.

When I check now, the message never seems to have been sent as a reply - at least it doesn't show up in my end.

EDIT: Wrote 2 more messages to same person. These private messages did not disappear. One thing that was different in the message that dissappeared was that images were linked as images in the message, and not as links.