Fuji XT4 in 2023?

Dustin

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
12 hours ago, Dustin said:

For what it’s worth, I’ve reformatted the card. Hopefully no weird issues. Noticed Bluetooth was randomly on so I’ve turned that off. Also noticed sometimes on the XT3 if boost mode wasn’t on weird things would happen so I left it on, gonna try keeping that on as well. Only getting 45 minutes of 4k or 6.2k footage at 360mbs. Could have sworn I had more time using 400mpbs on the XT3, but alas that camera is sold so I can’t reference. Maybe I was shooting 200mpbs and I can’t remember.

For casual shooting, switching to 200mpbs should still be fine right?

200Mbps should be fine.  The only times having more bitrate would help is when there is huge amounts of random movement, so scenes with water / snow falling / rain / trees blowing in the wind / etc.

Other things to try are doing a factory reset on the camera, and it might be a good time to update the firmware if you're not on the latest version.  Also, check the firmware for each lens you use, those have firmware too!

2 hours ago, kye said:

200Mbps should be fine.  The only times having more bitrate would help is when there is huge amounts of random movement, so scenes with water / snow falling / rain / trees blowing in the wind / etc.

Other things to try are doing a factory reset on the camera, and it might be a good time to update the firmware if you're not on the latest version.  Also, check the firmware for each lens you use, those have firmware too!

Appreciate it. Might have to try a factory reset because I’ve tried a fresh sd card that is the compatible card from Fuji on their XS-20 sd card compatibility page. Not sure what the hell happened, but no matter what lens I’m on, when I am in my menu it will freeze up and only when I eject the battery, the screen turns off. I’m on the latest 1.13 firmware and it only happens when trying to page up or down out of my menu. If I can’t figure it out, I’ll be giving Fuji a call Monday!

Few more searches around internet reveal a Reddit thead where apparently many were complaining about a similar “MyMenu” crash, when using their XT5. I’ve removed almost all of the items I had in my menu and it did help. Weird! They need to fix that because what’s the freaking point of using my menu otherwise! Will be calling Fuji on Monday for sure. 

Granted, on the XS20, most of the items you need to access can be accessed from Q mode, but that sucks that My Menu has a bug. Didn’t have that on the XT3.

Just an update, it does seem from reading around that this My Menu bug affected X-T5 and users were told to limit items to only one page of My Menu instead of two. I tried this realizing that damn near everything can be accessed in the quick menu on my X-S20 instead, and after many tests it does seem to patch the issue. Some users seem to report it never occurring on their camera and others say it still occurs.

Funny I didn’t recall seeing this mentioned in any of the few X-S20 or many X-T5 reviews on the internet..

My review as of one month owning and using is this:

* Great image SOOC. If you hate color grading like me, this is the price I’m willing to ignore most of the downfalls

* Better grip than XT3, smaller body but not too small. Lack of d-pad and only one stick for navigating that kind of sucks sometimes

* Usable touch screen 

*Good battery life \ poor battery access depending if on a tripod (not issue for me, hardly ever use a tripod)

* IBIS is usable depending on use case. I have notoriously shaky hands, and this simply works for me. I’m not trying to film myself, vlogging style, just trying to get stable handheld and it works great here.

*My Menu software bug. Hopefully this gets fixed because if not, limited to no use of my menu.

* Limited physical buttons on camera. However there are touch screen has swipe functions

* “Q” button helps lack of physical buttons by access to almost anything via a pop up menu. Including frame rates, codecs, pet auto focus etc

Not a comprehensive review but for anyone who is browsing thinking about the x-s20, these are my thoughts after 1 month.