Hard time choosing hybrid for photo/video... X-T4, S5 or Z6?

dreamplayhouse

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 10:35 AM, dreamplayhouse said:

Thanks for all your comments. I decided I'm going to go with Z6 and might get a Ninja 2 or Star for 10bit video. I just prefer the handling and EVF of the Z6. Actually had the Z6 last year and returned for another camera... it's been a camera gear disease for a few years now.

Reviving this old thread.  @dreamplayhousehow have you been liking your Nikon Z6?  Did you end up getting a Ninja 2 or Star for it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 11:57 PM, FHDcrew said:

Reviving this old thread.  @dreamplayhousehow have you been liking your Nikon Z6?  Did you end up getting a Ninja 2 or Star for it?

Funny you ask... I sold the Z6... had the S5... and went back to Z6 as I'm focused mostly on photography. Bough the Nikon 58mm 1.4G and love this combo for portraits.

I'm thinking about getting a Ninja star but none have shown up on eBay. I'm also thinking of getting another camera dedicated to only video. Possibly a GH5 with v-log or if I can find a cheap S5 for video stuff. Tight budget so not sure.

And yes, I have a camera buying/selling disease.

• 2 weeks later...

So now adding other cameras to the mix - S5, R7, GH6 and EM1 III with Atomos Ninja V (RAW video out).

Is the 10bit 4.2.2 on these cameras (omit OMD) same if shooting the same scene, similar lens etc in the daylight?

I wish I could handle the GH6 as I'm worried it's too big to carry around on trips to shoot video.. but maybe it's not?