1. Ratguity

Ratguity

2. noone

noone

• Similar Content

• By overthemoon.productions
      I just got a brand new 1dx Mark II, I’m using a SanDisk cf card, not a cfast card. I recorded a lot of 4K footage, and about half of it came back corrupted - I could view it in the camera, but not on the computer. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Can I get the footage repaired? I can’t find anyone else who has had this problem so far. 
    • By Homme_en_Beige
      Hello,
      I am new to this forum (first post) and beginner filmaker and I will need advice ...
      Last June I started shooting for my documentary project on the local natural heritage, for now with my own money, so my gear is rather light...
      I'm shooting with a Canon Eos 70D DSLR, outdoor, and i'm shooting the natural spaces of a valley (along a river).
      At the start I wanted to film in RAW with Magic Lantern, but with my 70D i'm stuck in 720p (for a continuous recording), so finally i've shot in a compressed way, Mpeg-4 All-I 8bit 4:2:0 @1080p 29.97fps with a picture style (EOSHD C-LOG (0,-4,-4,2)) + Vari ND Filter, hoping to get myself out of it even in post-prod ...
      But here the quality of the images, in a context of shooting outdoors in shaded places very contrasted (...), do not satisfy me !
      So I would like to have advice to achieve a higher quality outdoor shots (natural light)?
      To illustrate my purpose you can see these few shots that I graded in Resolve + corrections in After Effects: https://vimeo.com/alexandrewebercom/riviereardeche
      The third shot is particularly ugly ...

- Have I "pushed" the mpeg-4 too far by color grading it or is it simply the limitations of this compression?

- How do I do with hyper contrast scenes (it was about 14h when shooting)?

- Am I condemned to film in RAW whatever the chosen camera (to be able to uncork the blacks or to recover in the whites in post-prod)?

- Is it better that I under-expose or over-expose this type of scene?

- Can you suggest gear/ configuration more suitable for my use: Camera, Raw / Prores, Log, external recording ... ?

Thanks a lot !
    • By Sekhar
      Guys, I'm looking for some really good training material for advanced color grading that focuses on the creative aspects rather than technical stuff (how to use Resolve, etc.) and on color grading rather than color correction. I looked around and found some promising videos on lynda.com, but wanted to check here before signing up. Suggestions?
    • By The Qaz Man
      I'm a filmmaker in LA. Most of this was shot on BMCC and graded in DaVinci Resolve.

https://vimeo.com/116922849

Feel free to share thoughts. Thanks!
    • By utsira
      Two journeys, a plane into Macau, and the ferry to Kowloon, as the storm clouds come in. 

Panasonic G6, 20mm 1.7, neat video NR, ImpulZ LUTs

Unfortunately the noise reduction means that banding is evident in the vimeo stream. It's a bit better if you download it.

It got a nice review on Coconuts Hong Kong, which has never happened to me before. If you'll forgive me quoting my own good press!

http://hongkong.coconuts.co/2014/08/08/video-fall-love-hong-kongs-typhoon-season-romanticised-wet-weather-treat