Canon 1DC - Ninja V HDMI issues

Simon2022

Hi,

new to the forum. I recently picked up a Canon 1DC and today a Ninja V. The Ninja V just says 'no input' when I connect the 1DC. I've connected the 1DC to a TV with the same cable and the picture appears on screen. I've also plugged my XT3 into the Ninja V and it works fine. Any idea what the issue is with the 1 DC? I've tried all combinations of settings, eg mirroring on/off, auto frame rate etc. Is there something I've overlooked?

thanks

Simon

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I now have it working. Initially on the 'input tab' on the Ninja it is set to a default of "Compatibility" which I expected the Ninja to auto detect the output however it appears not. When quickly toggling between the modes nothing was happening however it now seems it needs 5 seconds or more to go live with the signal after being selected. When I leave the input to "HDMI 1.4" it now works as expected. My main fear was that there was a hardware issue with the camera itself. See photo below of the settings.

hope this helps

Simon

1DCNinjaV.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 1:30 PM, Matthias Scheja said:

How do you feel about the monitor on the hotshoe-mount? Is it safe? Smallrig offers a cage for the 1dc. (200$) don't know if i should order one.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07WDG71B5/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_AW9G76HHPQMJ5YM5DWAP

The SmallRig cage for the 1DC etc is now discontinued and not available new. I did manage to pick one up secondhand from eBay in good condition. The cage is a pretty good fit and I 3D printed a support for the HDMI cable that screws onto the rig. I do have the original cable support but can't figure our how it clips into the body, it seems way too tight.

The Ninja isn't too heavy for the hotshoe, it maybe a problem if the Ninja gets knocked and all the impact gets transferred to the hotshoe though.

On 4/12/2022 at 12:52 AM, Simon2022 said:

The SmallRig cage for the 1DC etc is now discontinued and not available new. I did manage to pick one up secondhand from eBay in good condition. The cage is a pretty good fit and I 3D printed a support for the HDMI cable that screws onto the rig. I do have the original cable support but can't figure our how it clips into the body, it seems way too tight.

The Ninja isn't too heavy for the hotshoe, it maybe a problem if the Ninja gets knocked and all the impact gets transferred to the hotshoe though.

Thank you for your reply. You can order it from small rig. They can reproduce it. Just email them and you receive a offer (~200$) with a special url to their shop.