CinePi-2K Open Source Camera

QuickHitRecord

Someone has been working with a Raspberry Pi high quality camera module to make their own 1/2"-sensor open source, raw-capable cine camera:

Placed into a 3D-printed body, the components reputedly only cost $200 (this probably assumes that you already have a monitor of some kind). The demo footage is surprisingly good:

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

Yes, we had a nice thread about this camera. It´s cool to see something like that. I didn´t check their vimeo channel for months. I just did. It has not changed since then. So interested to see how it goes.

Sorry for the redundant topic. I ran a search for it on this forum but didn't see anything. Maybe they weren't calling it "Cinepi" yet.

24 minutes ago, Matt Kieley said:

Octopus Cinema Camera actually posted yesterday about a side project they're working on using their software with the Raspberry Pi camera.

Pretty cool! I had forgotten about that project. I'm glad that they are still out there. I checked their demo footage and it looks great.

I went back to the Apertus homepage too. There two updates in the last year, and the most recent was five months ago. Maybe there's more going on than I realize, but they seem to have lost a lot of momentum.