Least expensive reliable SD cards for sustained 6k HEVC on S1

HockeyFan12

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

My friend uses V90 ProGrade 256gb cards on his S1H. They're the most affordable trustworthy option and we've never had any problems with them.

He doesn't have any V60 cards to test but when I see him in a few weeks I can bring some of my SanDisk Extreme Pro cards to try it out, but I imagine you'll get a better answer by then! He did say though that the reason he went with the V90 cards is to make sure he didn't run into any problems. 

If it helps you decide, I use V30, 90MB/s write, 160MB/s read speed rated SanDisk Extreme 128 GB micro-SDXC cards (in SD adaptors) in my Lumix G9 for 150Mbit 4k50p with no problems. Recently I've paid around £23 for these in the UK. There are also equivalent standard SD card size versions.

The (theoretically) better 'Extreme Pro' versions of these (similar performance) can sometimes be bought for not much more if you shop around.

V30 rating = 30 Mbyte/s = 240 Mbit/s sustained sequential write speeds, so 200 Mbit/s 6K HEVC is theoretically OK. Personally I've always found the higher grade SanDisk cards to perform well i.e. read and write speeds are at least as good as the spec.

On 8/12/2021 at 7:42 PM, HockeyFan12 said:

Thanks, what third party batteries do you recommend btw?

I've been using BM premium batteries for a while now on the S1 with no issues. The panasonic batteries last a little longer but the third party ones aren't bad. I just got a bunch of Kastar batteries but haven't used them yet to comment on them.