Jump to content

Emotive color Alexa lut for X-T3 footage


josdr
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, TomTheDP said:

If you want to match your camera to an Alexa it’s the best tool for that job. I personally love it on my Panasonic S1. Makes saturation and highlight roll off really pleasing.

how tolerant is it if you over-expose or under-expose significantly???

I tried watching the workflow videos and it seems like it only allows for adjusting for exposure a little bit (less than a stop). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

how tolerant is it if you over-expose or under-expose significantly???

I tried watching the workflow videos and it seems like it only allows for adjusting for exposure a little bit (less than a stop). 

There are exposure conversions for -2, -1, -.66, -.33 and the same with overexposure. Of course you can expose lower it just doesn’t guarantee the same color accuracy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TomTheDP said:

There are exposure conversions for -2, -1, -.66, -.33 and the same with overexposure. Of course you can expose lower it just doesn’t guarantee the same color accuracy. 

Thank you!!!

And just so I understand, is it suggest that one DOESN'T overexpose as they normally would with LOG footage? Or is it still suggested to overexpose when using LOG to avoid noise?

I guess in certain situations you have to over or under-expose...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

Thank you!!!

And just so I understand, is it suggest that one DOESN'T overexpose as they normally would with LOG footage? Or is it still suggested to overexpose when using LOG to avoid noise?

I guess in certain situations you have to over or under-expose...

The LUT is made so you expose at normal exposure. Exposing higher will result in cleaner footage though I would say it’s not necessary like it was on Sony cameras with Slog. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...