Jump to content

universal rig/cage


Recommended Posts

You might be looking for a "flash bracket" - something that you can mount to the camera using the tripod screw underneath, and will provide other mount points for various things.

They come in all shapes and sizes.  Here's the BH page for some ideas and photos, but they're all over ebay and other stores.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Flash-Brackets/ci/653/N/4168864826

I've got a few different designs, some are aluminium, some steel, some good some cheaper, etc.   You can combine various ones together, to make whatever you like really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stefanocps said:

Hello i own a fuji xt3 and thinking tobuy a cage. What i don't like is the idea that if in a couple of year i 'll change camera i'll should change all the rig. For what you know there are cage/rig that support generic mirrorless cameras?

thanks

I got this cage (I only use half)

smallrig 1630

 

IMG_8055.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrunoCH said:

I got this cage (I only use half)

smallrig 1630

 

IMG_8055.jpg

i see that is a cage for dslr, what you mean you use half?is so big?

3 hours ago, kye said:

You might be looking for a "flash bracket" - something that you can mount to the camera using the tripod screw underneath, and will provide other mount points for various things.

They come in all shapes and sizes.  Here's the BH page for some ideas and photos, but they're all over ebay and other stores.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Flash-Brackets/ci/653/N/4168864826

I've got a few different designs, some are aluminium, some steel, some good some cheaper, etc.   You can combine various ones together, to make whatever you like really.

could be fine but it is weak in portability. I mean th epossibility to use it with a top handle or with the 2 side handles in some cases is really useful. Looks like can t do that with this flash bracket

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, stefanocps said:

i see that is a cage for dslr, what you mean you use half?is so big?

No, it's not so big. If I don't use the right part, I don't put it on, so I don't weigh down the whole rig. It's very flexible. With my Weebill S, I only use the top part and the left part with a weight to counterbalance the lens and the matte box. You can only buy the half cage. I prefer to have the full one and use only what I need.

Half smallrig cage

IMG_8110.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BrunoCH said:

No, it's not so big. If I don't use the right part, I don't put it on, so I don't weigh down the whole rig. It's very flexible. With my Weebill S, I only use the top part and the left part with a weight to counterbalance the lens and the matte box. You can only buy the half cage. I prefer to have the full one and use only what I need.

Half smallrig cage

IMG_8110.jpg

ok i have seen it

i ask you the same, as i am telling eerybody

Don't you miss the 2 side handles? sometimes i think it is useful to carry the camera that way

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stefanocps said:

that's right, also with top handle should not be easy no? actually when i think at two sie handle i think at a autofocus shot, 

With autofocus, two handles side should be a good solution.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrunoCH said:

With autofocus, two handles side should be a good solution.

in manual focus i see the rig only on tripod. I want use the rig also in my hand for little movement or run and gun like situation. That way side and top handles are both useful, and both of them will require autofocus, what do you think?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stefanocps said:

in manual focus i see the rig only on tripod. I want use the rig also in my hand for little movement or run and gun like situation. That way side and top handles are both useful, and both of them will require autofocus, what do you think?

It's very complicated to move the camera by hand with a light rig and to make the focus easily.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...