New buy - Ursa mini pro

Papiskokuji

Hello there !

Hope everybody's doing fine during this lockdown.

I just bought an UMP first gen on ebay (brand new) at the unbeatable price of 3500€. I'm familiar with Blackmagic cameras and all their hidden flaws. I took the risk of buying off of ebay + Blackmagic, so I have some legitimate concerns and wanted to know what were the known issues to look for when the camera arrives. I know there's a weird rainbow flare with the ND's on ? I guess it's on all the cameras. What else ? No more pink tint (I remember that from the very first ursa mini 4.6k) ? What can go wrong with the camera so I can test it ? Thank you for your insight !

Cheers

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah, congrats. It´s a great camera!

Get used to using it, the buttons and settings etc. Check if the latest firmware has already been installed and do so, if not. 

Otherwise, make some test yourself with it. Try different Codecs, to see what kind of compression you want to chose in both BRAW and ProRes.