V-Log for greenscreen

omega1978

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Really no issues when staying on the native ISO and exposing properly. Didn't even had any issues on the GH5. Would avoid it on the S1H though.

Also before keying convert to Rec709. After keying you can back to V-Log which is lossless in Davinci Resolve Studio with its CST function.

There are lossless workflows using Aces also inside Fusion/Resolve or even After Effects using OpenColorIO.

1 hour ago, omega1978 said:

Saturday i have to shoot some clips on a greenscreen from hockey players to make some gifs and pre game intros.

Is V-log a good option or is it better to shoot in a normal profil(natural o flat ) on a Panasonic S1 ?

V-log is great. I shot around 30 greenscreen videos with my GH5, here are some. Just make sure that the chroma is evenly lit.

On 12/20/2019 at 11:35 AM, omega1978 said:

I have made a test with V-Log vs HLG vs Natural.

V-log is the best, with a light green tint in face ( maybe a reflection ?!)

You can adjust the skin tone with adjustments after your chroma key is applied. 

Your key is not perfect, the key sometimes catches your glasses, than your hair. Share a few seconds with us and let's see if we can make a better key or not :) Cheers!

12 hours ago, funkyou86 said:

You can adjust the skin tone with adjustments after your chroma key is applied. 

Your key is not perfect, the key sometimes catches your glasses, than your hair. Share a few seconds with us and let's see if we can make a better key or not :) Cheers!

Thanks, yes i noticed the flicker in the hair and glasses, but only with HLG and Natural Profil. The first is V-log and there seems good.I will share the file monday..i am mit a home at the moment..

7 hours ago, omega1978 said:

here is the file https://we.tl/t-TpQWa1GjSw

There are several problems. You should light your green screen to 40 IRE, this is too bright. Also there is a big spill on your glasses which requires some time to play with to get the desired results.

Anyways, I applied a conversion LUT from V-log to Rec709, added contrast, crushed the blacks, so there is no noise when your hair moves, also added some warmth by pushing the WB. To enhance the greenscreen I just pulled the greens up at the HUE vs SAT curve.

The ultrakey did the work with the default settings :) 

Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 - D__Video_100_ev_2019_Project_Chromateszt _ 2019. 12. 23. 18_01_12.png

Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 - D__Video_100_ev_2019_Project_Chromateszt _ 2019. 12. 23. 18_00_53.png

1 hour ago, funkyou86 said:

There are several problems. You should light your green screen to 40 IRE, this is too bright. Also there is a big spill on your glasses which requires some time to play with to get the desired results.

Anyways, I applied a conversion LUT from V-log to Rec709, added contrast, crushed the blacks, so there is no noise when your hair moves, also added some warmth by pushing the WB. To enhance the greenscreen I just pulled the greens up at the HUE vs SAT curve.

The ultrakey did the work with the default settings :) 

Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 - D__Video_100_ev_2019_Project_Chromateszt _ 2019. 12. 23. 18_01_12.png

Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 - D__Video_100_ev_2019_Project_Chromateszt _ 2019. 12. 23. 18_00_53.png

Thank you, i will try your recommendation next time !

Personally I would shoot baked in on some sort of neutral profile. You’d wanna shoot 10 bit over 8 bit 4k. 

Always shoot at higher f stop so you can pull a clean key on details like hair or the shirt / jersey. F8 if possible. Make sure you have enough light and make sure they’re far enough away from the screen so you don’t get green kickback on the side of the face / hair. 

As far as lighting, I would kinda think you’d want a little more backlight or a little falloff on the face. The frames you posted feel very evenly lit. Are you shooting waist up?

37 minutes ago, BenEricson said:

Personally I would shoot baked in on some sort of neutral profile. You’d wanna shoot 10 bit over 8 bit 4k. 

Always shoot at higher f stop so you can pull a clean key on details like hair or the shirt / jersey. F8 if possible. Make sure you have enough light and make sure they’re far enough away from the screen so you don’t get green kickback on the side of the face / hair. 

As far as lighting, I would kinda think you’d want a little more backlight or a little falloff on the face. The frames you posted feel very evenly lit. Are you shooting waist up?

The original file is from S1 in 4k 10 bit Vlog.

It was shot in F4, and i was near on the greenscreen ( not much space in my office ?). So thats can be the problem with the green kickback in my face...

No, i shoot only shoulder hight( the clip is not reframed)