Clive James - UK and Aussies have lost a great talent

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

RIP my Aussie friend. May you enjoy the afterlife and start filming that Clive James Postcard wherever that may be...

Here is his incredibly dry and witty portrait of Berlin, one of the TV shows that inspired me to go there in the first place. I ended up spending nearly 8 years there.

Clive James was huge in the UK and his programmes were a weekly must-watch for millions of British people.

I recommend checking out everything he did - be it the books, which are fantastic, his poems, his TV shows and documentaries....  he's one of my all time favourite writers and wits.

He leaves a big hole in British culture, much missed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13437293

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Indeed.  I'm not that great a fan of reading, but I got given a book of his that was reviews of other things (books, films, can't remember) but the reviews were spectacular.  They simultaneously made me want to read the things he was reviewing, and also not want to read them as they would have inevitably been far less interesting than the reviews he wrote of them.