FX for cheap?

Emanuel

From YT page:

The Eagle from Space 1999. I model the Eagle in Cinema 4D. Used After Effects to render out the footage add the colour correction and mask layers.. Then into Sony Vegas to add the sounds. The whole thing took around 15 hours to render out.

Interesting comment from another user:

Mark, I'm a sixty-year old Hollywood cameraman who has worked on many visual effects over the years, always using miniatures, long before CG became the tool of choice.  In most cases these days the CG results are far superior and more convincing than any we did at the time.  Often a mixture of miniatures and CG effects makes the best results, in my opinion, depending on the artistry of the people involved.  This shot of the Eagle take-off just blows my mind!   No actual miniature was used?   Really?  You created and flew it using CG software alone?   Amazing.  Just awe inspiring.   The fact that the model was not over-lighted but properly dark and shadowy was so convincing.  It looks just as a ship would look under those cloudy skies.  Great work.  Am I safe in assuming you are working in the movie industry?  If not, you certainly should be.

All My Best,

Raving Dave 

READ MORE HERE

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs