Anamorphic Set Up For Panasonic S1 - Absolute Beginner

SamDezzy43

Hi Guys,

Just thought I’d try to get a helping hand from you guys. I’m definitely not a beginner in the cinematography realm, but when it comes to anamorphic shooting I’m clueless! Be gentle!

I’ve got the Panasonic S1, 24-105 and 50 1.4 

I’m wondering what I’d need to add to my shopping list to get an anamorphic set up going!

This is GH5, but it’s amazing, absolute goals: https://vimeo.com/237020302

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Building a setup is a series of very personal choices. All we can do is provide you with useful info, and here's some!

Go to youtube.com/tferradans and watch as many of them as you can. Then go to tferradans.com/anamorphic and read the guide.

Finally, check your lens choices based on the calculator at anamorphic calculator.

;)

Something to keep in mind as well if you were planning on shooting in the “6k photo mode” 4:3 aspect ratio is that if you’re planning on using an external monitor to desqueeze your footage, the hdmi signal goes black once you hit record. It only does this in the 6k photomode, not in standard video modes. But standard video modes limit you to shooting 16:9. No big deal if you’re fine with that. 

• 5 weeks later...