No High Res Camera for S10

Snowbro

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I was hoping for higher MP cameras too, and I have a feeling that I am going to be disappointed with the images from the S10 series too. The Sony/ Samsung 48MP though, is a bit of a scam. It already has a permanently attached quad Bayer CFA on its sensor, so the 48MP is just up-ressing 12MP. Even the proposed new 36MP IMX607 (which apparently had a triple ISO of 50/500/5000) is not a real 36MP sensor. Anything above 12MP on a tiny smartphone camera and lens, usually has poor quality images and other issues. The Pureview 808 and Lumia lineup, and the monster sized Panasonic CM1, had superb High MP image quality due to larger sensors. But their sensor sizes were too large, and maybe also slow and too processor intensive. Plus all those phones had way slower processors than the ones we have nowadays. The single weakest link on the l16 Light camera was the the processor (apart from the super low cost image sensors). 

The Snapdragon 845 and all competitor equivalents (Exynos 9810 onwards) have ensured that with a few ISP additions, the processors are more than powerful enough. And the image size options are nearly limitless (metaphorically). Like the Exynos can apparently do 8k at 30fps (which could be great for HDR photos). 

There are many free and paid apps for up-ressing pics. If you want just a single pic to be up-ressed, you could easily use one of these apps. The detail improvement is seriously noticeable. You just have to ensure you have a great detailed image to begin with.

So I won't have to repeat myself:

Xiaomi Mi 9 is supposed to come with a triple cam setup (wide, standard and tele) and will be using the 48mpx as the main shooter, so I am putting a lot of hopes into that one. Samsung has been using the ridicules curved screens that make the phone extra fragile, so no go for me (also incredibly hard to apply a screen protector).

Here is with the iPhone XS Max thrown in. That has way less noise reduction. So its images look much closer to the Honor View 10 in terms of resolution and sharpness.

https://m.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=5&idPhone1=9468&idPhone2=8966&idPhone3=9319

I had replied in one of the forums that smartphone companies need to make a phone camera that can switch between the CFA and one without it, In very quick succession. And something where the micro lens setup isn't affected. It could add a lot more light as well as a lot more sharpness and detail.