Fuji X-T3 reborn with HLG

androidlad

16 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

You can use LUTcalc to make one https://cameramanben.github.io/LUTCalc/LUTCalc/index.html

If you use Resolve, you can use a CST node, which should have slightly better results than a LUT. They supposedly added F-Log support in version 16.1 (I'm still on 16.0 so I can't confirm firsthand).

I'm new to LutCalc so don't know how to set it up. I use Premiere Pro. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 minutes ago, Marin said:

I'm new to LutCalc so don't know how to set it up. I use Premiere Pro. 

LutCalc generates LUTs based on the difference between the color spaces you select in the drop downs. You specify an "in" and an "out" and it'll generate a LUT that would transform from one to the other.

All you need is to know what gamma and gamut you are coming from (in your case, F-Log gamma and F-Log Gamut) and what you want to put it into. There are several Arri options, I'm not sure which one you want. You would enter this information on the left where it has Rec (in) and Out dropdowns. If you want a straight mathematical conversion, you can uncheck customization. You also probably want to leave the camera as generic and stop correction at 0.

Then on the right you can set up the LUT file's options. You'd probably want a 3D lut, 65x65x65, in .cube format. I would use the largest range, and leave it unclipped.

I'm not an expert, I've just used it once or twice in the past, so just play around with it. There are some how-to-guides and info on the main page as well that might be interesting https://cameramanben.github.io/LUTCalc/

13 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

LutCalc generates LUTs based on the difference between the color spaces you select in the drop downs. You specify an "in" and an "out" and it'll generate a LUT that would transform from one to the other.

All you need is to know what gamma and gamut you are coming from (in your case, F-Log gamma and F-Log Gamut) and what you want to put it into. There are several Arri options, I'm not sure which one you want. You would enter this information on the left where it has Rec (in) and Out dropdowns. If you want a straight mathematical conversion, you can uncheck customization. You also probably want to leave the camera as generic and stop correction at 0.

Then on the right you can set up the LUT file's options. You'd probably want a 3D lut, 65x65x65, in .cube format. I would use the largest range, and leave it unclipped.

I'm not an expert, I've just used it once or twice in the past, so just play around with it. There are some how-to-guides and info on the main page as well that might be interesting https://cameramanben.github.io/LUTCalc/

will try! thanks! ?

• 5 months later...

Hey guys. Do we need to activate "Display Colourspace Converter" and covert it from 2100 to 709 or does LUTCalc convert it anyway, if we set HLG as an input and Alexa-X2 as the output?

7STLHrm.jpg

Do you choose the Alexa-X-2 gamma because it looks good without processing or because it is easy to grade?

Someone figgured in the meantime better settings out to convert f-log or hlg to a nice looking rec709?

@androidlad I also tested a little bit and turned customisation off (see post above). For my taste and my test shots i did, the colors were better in Amira709. Did you tested this Gamma too or what do you think about it?

The rest in my screenshot is good, right?