GH5 "5K Open Gate" mode for non-anamorphic shooting?

kye

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 1/12/2018 at 3:25 PM, jase said:

Just finished my very first doc using HLG:

All surf scenes were shot in CineD (4k60p), all non-surf scenes were shot in HLG (150mbit). Used Leeming LUT for the HLG scenes as base for my grading. Suprisingly, the Leeming LUT for CineD did not change the image at all when applying it?

Lessons learned:

- Use a lav for interviews. Even though I mounted the Rode VideoMicro next to him there were way too many background noises. I am no audio expert, so all attempts to filter those noises resulted into non-natural sounding audio

- Now that I am used to non-slowmo shooting, I have to admit that the 60p didnt add as much as I thought it would. If I had to shoot it all over again, I would probably buy some V90 cards and shoot everything in HLG 400mbit.

(also quoted from the previously-linked thread)

Nice short - there's some really nice shots in there :)

I thought the 60p shots you slowed down were really nice with the jumps and turns etc, and it kind of broke up the pace of the film and provided something in-between the really fast action shots and the motionless interview shots.  I don't know your style, but I'd have tried to use a few more of them and maybe extend them longer.  

You also went at a great time of day, the light on the water gives it dimension and the back-lit spray from the waves looks just great!

I couldn't help notice that the shots with (what must have been) a very long lens seem quite jerky, was this the IBIS getting in the way?  

I'm gearing up to shoot my kids sports games and have got some 135mm-200mm lenses in transit, but the longest lens I've used on the GH5 so far is the 58mm Helios, so I'm not familiar with how the camera works with long telephoto lenses.

2 hours ago, kye said:

(also quoted from the previously-linked thread)

Nice short - there's some really nice shots in there :)

I thought the 60p shots you slowed down were really nice with the jumps and turns etc, and it kind of broke up the pace of the film and provided something in-between the really fast action shots and the motionless interview shots.  I don't know your style, but I'd have tried to use a few more of them and maybe extend them longer.  

You also went at a great time of day, the light on the water gives it dimension and the back-lit spray from the waves looks just great!

I couldn't help notice that the shots with (what must have been) a very long lens seem quite jerky, was this the IBIS getting in the way?  

I'm gearing up to shoot my kids sports games and have got some 135mm-200mm lenses in transit, but the longest lens I've used on the GH5 so far is the 58mm Helios, so I'm not familiar with how the camera works with long telephoto lenses.

Thanks for your feedback, kye! In fact, this was my very first short, so yeah - there is quite some room for improvement :)

The surf shots were filmed using the 100-300mm @ 300mm on a tripod, so yeah - the IBIS was getting in the way quite a bit, but acceptable imo.