Great new additions to FCPX

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
21 hours ago, wolf33d said:

I have been using Premiere, FCPX and Resolve and I always come back to FCPX. Much faster, much easier and a joy to work with IMO.

Today, new additions are coming which allow third party apps directly within FCPX. This video shows an exemple with Frame.io. Looks great. 

FCPX is an absolute monster compared ot what it used to be - people who still doubting it are starting to sound very silly! ?

On 11/16/2018 at 10:51 AM, Oliver Daniel said:

FCPX is an absolute monster compared ot what it used to be - people who still doubting it are starting to sound very silly! ?

With the new NR it makes FCPX pretty ideal with the P4K if you're shooting ProRes.

BM has done a great job with Resolve, but with the new demosaicing in ProRes HQ in the P4K, there's no practical compromise in IQ or DR vs raw for most production - and actual advantages with moire.  

Since the last upgrade adding color wheels and curves and with ProRes as the native codec, it's really solidly integrated.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:24 PM, newfoundmass said:

I still find it to be very difficult to get over the learning curve with the magnetic time line. Certain things just feel very backwards and different than what I'm used to after 20 years of working on NLEs. It just feels so awkward. 

@newfoundmass I was very reluctant to switch after being with FCP 2 to 7 and seeing the radically different UI and workflow in X but i'd highly recommend giving it a go, I used Izzy's online tutorials and worked on a 2 minute events highlight video to test it out, haven't looked back! Once you get used to the new way of working it will speed up your workflow and delivery, I edit corporate and social campaigns and with X I'm cutting, rendering and exporting almost twice as fast as before. With all the updates its now a very capable tool and the new Frame.IO integration looks like its gonna be a huge benefit in terms of client collaboration. Stick with it!