Amateur gear travel video

Branko Mitic

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Really interesting piece and blog post.

And +1 on that bag from Decathlon.

I have them empty in the bottom layer or laptop section of my real camera bags when travelling for times so I can use them for making smaller sub-kits.

I've re-posted your C100 blog post in another thread by the way as the comparison you have done there is very relevant.

A nice demonstration that content is king & the technical limitations of the cameras are less important. Interesting blog post too. When I saw the drone shots I was amazed at how high & far you had the drone fly then I saw that you lost it but <spoiler alert> was happy that you found it again.

TBH with a slightly better gimbal to use with the G7 X there would be no need for the iPhone as it was the only 4K source.

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

I have them empty in the bottom layer or laptop section of my real camera bags when travelling for times so I can use them for making smaller sub-kits.

That is a really good idea :).

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

I've re-posted your C100 blog post in another thread by the way as the comparison you have done there is very relevant.

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, nigelbb said:

TBH with a slightly better gimbal to use with the G7 X there would be no need for the iPhone as it was the only 4K source.

This gimbal can handle G7 X size camera. It needs to be slightly modified. I am not so sure about use over a period of time, because it is heavier than recommended. But it is cheap, so is worth to try. I will think about that because of OIS iPhone issues. The biggest problem is screen because modification means there is no space to modify and rotate the screen to see something.

1 hour ago, nigelbb said:

A nice demonstration that content is king & the technical limitations of the cameras are less important. Interesting blog post too. When I saw the drone shots I was amazed at how high & far you had the drone fly then I saw that you lost it but <spoiler alert> was happy that you found it again.

Yeah I agree why even use the phone when you have the G7 X. The Drone doesn't do 4K either. So a good match with editing.

47 minutes ago, eoslover said:

the cheapest setup is probably iPhone SE and Spark

biggest bang for the buck for slow motion + aerial + some 4k footages

Yeah I have a Apple SE laying around I Never use. They are pretty crazy small for such a powerful package they can be.

That new Sony RX100 mk VI if it didn't overheat in 4K, and cost like 750 bucks instead of 1200 would be hard to pass up. But they still have no Mic input on it!! Footage looks damn good in 4K though.

23 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah I have a Apple SE laying around I Never use. They are pretty crazy small for such a powerful package they can be.

That new Sony RX100 mk VI if it didn't overheat in 4K, and cost like 750 bucks instead of 1200 would be hard to pass up. But they still have no Mic input on it!! Footage looks damn good in 4K though.

The Mark VI is a very unique camera

It's very close to a mini RX10II without the mic input and better slow motions features. The lens is also sharper than RX10II that can take better stills.

I think a reasonable price would probably be $850-900. The look of having 240fps @ 200 mm is quite interesting,  very similar to FS700 which cost $9000 back in 2013:

4 minutes ago, eoslover said:

The Mark VI is a very unique camera

It's very close to a mini RX10II without the mic input and better slow motions features. The lens is also sharper than RX10II that can take better stills.

I think a reasonable price would probably be $850-900. The look of having 240fps @ 200 mm is quite interesting,  very similar to FS700 which cost $9000 back in 2013:

Shows good stuff with those videos. Yeah I have a Sony RX10, the first one. Too damn small for my big fingers. Yeah $750 would be too low. Your $850-900 is more realistic.