Jump to content

Is the EOS-M *THE* Digital Super-8 Camera?


Matt James Smith ?
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, QuickHitRecord said:

The others are all being posted on the Magic Lantern EOS-M group on Facebook.

Some of us cannot access private Facebook groups.

 

9 hours ago, QuickHitRecord said:

Here's a sneak peek of what Magic Lantern looks like in 2026!

Excellent!  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, tupp said:

Some of us cannot access private Facebook groups.

I respect that choice. But I'm also not going to post every build that's offered. Maybe if I see another that catches my eye. 

Currently working on a new idea:

FILM MODE gives you all of the film presets in some or all of 4:3, 16:9, 1.85:1, and 2.35:1, puts shutter angle on the shooting screen, and offers 23.98 and 25fps.

VIDEO MODE gives you all of the standard broadcast and consumer sensor presets (2/3", 1/2", 1/2.3", 1/3", and 1/4") in 16:9 or 4:3 if possible. Choose between 23.98, 25, and 29.97fps. See shutter speed on the shooting screen, and ISO is replaced by Gain/dB.

Suddenly, you can you can accurately frame for ten different lens standards, plus anamorphic. Show me another camera that can do that! This is such a cool little camera.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very cool! I'm so glad you are keeping this thread alive. One of my first interchangeable lens cameras was the eos-m and I loved that camera. The last time I used it, almost 10 years ago, was when I tested Magic Lanter on it... I did test the raw but it was pretty abysmal back then... so I was more interested in the bitrate bump.
 

Shortly afterwards, my camera path led me through BM and into my 5D iii, so the the eos-m just sat in the closet for years.

A couple years ago I was thinking I'd take it out and mess with it again. Hadn't really thought about using it in years, so I grabbed it from the closet, charged one of my old batteries and pushed the on button... and nothing. I just figured it died... so back into the closet it went.

I recently realized it may need a card with ML boot flag (or whatever it's called) on it. I ordered some new batteries and I'm going to figure out which cards are good for the new builds and cross my fingers.

Anyway @QuickHitRecord thanks again for keeping this topic alive. No disrespect to the other forum members, but basic camera chat about new releases is fun and all, but the reason I started posting on EOS HD was because of posts like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • EOSHD Pro Color 5 for All Sony cameras
    EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
    EOSHD Dynamic Range Enhancer for H.264/H.265
×
×
  • Create New...