CY Lenses with EF Speedbooster

enny

Hi guys i have yahsica Cy lenses and new BMCC EF and few rokinon lenses. I would like to use both lenses rokinon and yashica can i use my CY lenses with EF Speedbooster by using a simple adapter on the Speedbooster do you see any problems here and is there difference between ef and cy Speedbooster in quality

Thanks guys

I posited same question long time back but cant find it

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah, same here. Though with the Metabones Speedbooster 0.67 XL I opted for the Nikon one (have no EF lenses, so the expensive electronic implementation would be wasted on me... I'm fine with the simple aperture ring that mechanically interlinks with a lot of Nikon mount lenses). Yet... Nikon and some other mounts, including Contax Zeiss C/Y don't play nice together very well: you'd either have to perform a mount swap (Leitax; which doesn't work for all) or use an adapter with an optical element in it (which is never good for image quality). Nikon mount lenses might rule for adapting, but adapting to Nikon mount is a different story. So... a Zhongyi Lens Turbo II for EF especially it was. Then you can take either Contax Zeiss C/Y or as well Leica Summicron-R for example that faced the same problems and use a cheap adapter to get them to fit EF. My pick over these last couple of years has mainly been K&F (Kent & Faith) Concept: https://www.kentfaith.com/contax-yashica/KF06.129_contax-yashica-to-canon-eos-mount-adapter . Just put in 'Adapter C/Y EF' or something on eBay and look for listings with an adapter and that black/orange box, Leinox in black/brown are pretty great as well (in the early days I had Fotga ones, but e.g. missed a ridge on one of the adapters that pushed in a pin to pinch the aperture to the set value; of course you might be able to find decent Pixco, Kiwi Fotos, Fotasy, Vizelex and Kipon adapters as well):

laPN7KX.jpgSTAHWb7.jpg

Works a charm. So Contax Zeiss [C/Y] or Leica Summicron-R [L/R] to [EOS] or [EF] and you're in EF. This is how the adapter would look:

jutUN4m.jpg

It's flippin' thin! There's just no way you could do any focal reducing on that if EF is your native mount. A BMCC (Production 2.5K) with MFT mount would've been more helpful there, otherwise, just use it as is. As far as I know there's only focal reducers to mirrorless mounts (well, I do believe there's PL ones, though I guess that counts as mirrorless), so any MFT, Sony E-Mount, EOS-M, Fuji X-mount even Samsung NX. Not Canon EF(-S), not Nikon FX/DX.

Thanks

On 1/16/2018 at 2:11 PM, Mattias Burling said:

You can use a cheap adapter but no speedbooster to EF. You could have if you had the BMCC MFT.

Best way then is a EF to MFT speedbooster and just a regular adapter from CY to the EF booster.

Thanks guys for help. Mattias quick question before i buy a speedboster basically i need Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds T Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x to be able to use my yashica lenses

So basically it will go something like this just for me to understand BMCC EF then Metabones that has EF mount in the back and MFT at front then  CY adapter for yashica lense now iwt this Metabones can i use my canon rokinon lenses with adapter or i am asking to much here

So basically can u use my rokinon canon lenses and yashica lenses on a spedboster

Thanks

2 hours ago, enny said:

Thanks

Thanks guys for help. Mattias quick question before i buy a speedboster basically i need Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds T Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x to be able to use my yashica lenses

So basically it will go something like this just for me to understand BMCC EF then Metabones that has EF mount in the back and MFT at front then  CY adapter for yashica lense now iwt this Metabones can i use my canon rokinon lenses with adapter or i am asking to much here

So basically can u use my rokinon canon lenses and yashica lenses on a spedboster

Thanks

You would need the bmcc mft version not ef version for using a speedbooster of any kind. You would need to convert your c/y lens to ef. Now your c/y lens is an ef mount lens and can either be mounted straight onto a bmcc ef version with no more adapters needed or to a bmcc mft version using the ef to mft speedbooster. 

Hope that helps clear it up :)

Ill just add.. Do not buy a speedbooster.

You are a little confused about the mounts. No speedbooster will work on your bmcc ef version.

As pointed out you would need the bmcc mft version for this.

• 2 years later...

Question.

When adapting contax T* lenses specifically the 28mm F2  to Ef with a simple k and y adaptor. Does the rear flange hit, scratch or interfere with the .64xl Ef to MFT from Metabones? 

I have it all here but read somewhere cy flange can scratch the lens in the booster and i am scared to put them together.

Anyone running this setup? 

Thanks for the help.