Scary Bmd oled evf mod.

sam

I had previously watched a vid by woodencamera, detailing the process, with the intent of selling their $300 kit.  I eschewed the kit and traded cents for sense. Or maybe I have that backwards!  Part way through destroying most everything but the electronic bits, I realized just how large and old and fu mbly my not quite over the hill appendages had become.  I briefly imagined how a pile of parts would look back inside the tidy Bmd packaging. Would blaming the Fedex man for the destruction be reasonable? I mean, violence against packages during the Holiday season is well documented I reasoned.  But then the allure of an extremely light weight oled with real glass optics and a buttery smooth adjustable diopter that I can use with the glasses that I need for my not quite over the hill eyes won out.  18 tiny screws later, and some very intense moments involving an sdi cable the the diameter of a tooth pick, the evf was ready.  I anxiously powered it up.  Nothing.  A feeling of panic quickly ensued.

Then I remembered the evf has an awesome feature where it powers off when it senses your eye is away.  I immediately placed my eye up to the  display.  I was greeted by the sight of my slightly dirty floor.   Like the Koolaid man.  Ooooh yyeeeaah.  But the joy of performing an open evf transplant was short lived. I realized if I couldn't find a way to mount the evf, I would have to repeat the entire surgery again to install the kit from woodencamera.  Ooohhh nooooo.  An hour of trial and error later. I found a Manfrotto pico clamp.  

Success.

20171117_174424.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs