DaVinci Resolve 14.0.1 Update: supports HEVC decoding

IronFilm

15 hours ago, sondreg said:

I'm using W10 Home, with an AMD Radeon R9 Fury X. I didn't mock about too much with the H265 files with coloring and stuff but the playback was just fine in 4K.

Thanks! It's good that w10 home should be fine. Maybe even my rx 480 (at first)

Antonis:

I have old i7 (was it Sandy Bridge) It doesn't support new technologies.

• 3 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Bought the Studio. First tried with radeon rx 480, but playback was not good, around 20-25 fps (NX1 UHD files). So I decided to invest to gtx 1080 ti and now playback is totally smooth (29,97 fps) even some fx added. I am happy.

Export rendering is not fast. Around 10 fps with my old i7 sandybirdge (4 cores, 8 threads, 4500Mhz oc) But the main thing is smooth playback during editing.

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2017 at 8:18 AM, Antonis said:

I have the same issue on Windows 10 with i7/GTX960 setup.
Only audio is being imported. Davinci metadata sees the files as audio only...doesn't display any resolution or fps info.

Strangely enough NX1 HEVC files import fine on my old  13 macbook pro.
(and struggle to playback at around 8fps)

Same here. I was very excited by this news in that DR is way more optimized as an app than Premiere, but no go for me either on similar specs as you. Just sound for me too. ?

Back to proxies. ?

On 10/28/2017 at 7:12 AM, BopBill said:

Bought the Studio. First tried with radeon rx 480, but playback was not good, around 20-25 fps (NX1 UHD files). So I decided to invest to gtx 1080 ti and now playback is totally smooth (29,97 fps) even some fx added. I am happy.

Export rendering is not fast. Around 10 fps with my old i7 sandybirdge (4 cores, 8 threads, 4500Mhz oc) But the main thing is smooth playback during editing.

From my research you have to break into the 1080/1080ti realm to get smooth h.265 playback in any NLE. I'm looking at several Cyberpower PC systems right now. Glad to hear the 1080ti is performing. 

My 1070 8GB gives me about 15fps on 1/2 in Premiere. Forget adding a Lumetri channel. 

11 hours ago, Matthew Hartman said:

From my research you have to break into the 1080/1080ti realm to get smooth h.265 playback in any NLE. I'm looking at several Cyberpower PC systems right now. Glad to hear the 1080ti is performing. 

My 1070 8GB gives me about 15fps on 1/2 in Premiere. Forget adding a Lumetri channel. 

Got a GTX960 and NX1 files playback just fine in full res. even with a lumetri adjustment layer on top.

Maybe because the GTX960 has a H.265 decoder chip onboard. But works very well on my (budget) system. :)

On 12/10/2017 at 4:17 AM, Antonis said:

Got a GTX960 and NX1 files playback just fine in full res. even with a lumetri adjustment layer on top.

Maybe because the GTX960 has a H.265 decoder chip onboard. But works very well on my (budget) system. :)

Must be because that's definitely not the experience I'm getting. 

10 hours ago, Matthew Hartman said:

Must be because that's definitely not the experience I'm getting. 

What cards did you try and did you have CUDA selected under: File ->Project Settings->Video Rendering and Playback.
Mine was originally set to OpenCL and wasn't performing as well.

Too bad I just bought that GTX 1080 haha
Hopefully they are working on improving their stabilizer. It would be awesome if they bought reelsteady and implemented that. As reelsteady seems a really small company that does not seem to evolve/port/develop fast. But they have a great product though. They are planning on a OFX version but that could still take years it seems. By then it would already be outdated or there would be better competition.