Kowa Prominar 2x

illgrain

hey guys! i am new to anamorphic and to this fantastic forum!

recently i have bought this huge kowa prominar lens from ebay. didn´t expect that it´s that huge ;-)

do you guys know this lens? does this lens include a talking lens which i can unscrew? read this somewhere but have no clue how i should do this?! and could you suggest clamps or preferable a DIY solution to mount this on another lens?

sorry for all the noob questions but i hope you can still help me.

thank you so much!

$_12-2.JPG

$_12.JPG

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Looks like the same seller that sold me mine a few months ago (same "2001: A Space Odyssey" poster in the background).  The range of focus on that is limiting, and there are no commercially-available diopters/rangefinders that size, so it's best to rehouse the glass.  I used a bellows and mattebox for mine.

anamorphic-rig-todd-matthews-01.jpg

anamorphic-rig-todd-matthews-02.jpg

anamorphic-rig-todd-matthews-03.jpg

anamorphic-rig-todd-matthews-04.jpg

anamorphic-rig-todd-matthews-05.jpg

Yep, definitely the same guy, or perhaps he used his photos.  I saved the pics from the ebay listing...

1.jpg

s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500.jpg

What matte box rig is that?  Looks nice, though, looks heavy.

I'm wanting something, just don't know...

>> Todd Matthews said:
>> Looks like the same seller that sold me mine a few months ago (same "2001: A Space Odyssey" poster in the background).  
>> The range of focus on that is limiting, and there are no commercially-available diopters/rangefinders that size,
>> so it's best to rehouse the glass.  I used a bellows and mattebox for mine.

On 9/21/2017 at 3:59 PM, Todd Matthews said:

Looks like the same seller that sold me mine a few months ago (same "2001: A Space Odyssey" poster in the background).  The range of focus on that is limiting, and there are no commercially-available diopters/rangefinders that size, so it's best to rehouse the glass.  I used a bellows and mattebox for mine.

anamorphic-rig-todd-matthews-01.jpg

anamorphic-rig-todd-matthews-02.jpg

anamorphic-rig-todd-matthews-03.jpg

anamorphic-rig-todd-matthews-04.jpg

anamorphic-rig-todd-matthews-05.jpg

Yep, definitely the same guy, or perhaps he used his photos.  I saved the pics from the ebay listing...

1.jpg

s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500.jpg

That's a crazy looking rig:grin: Do you have anything you shot using it?

thanks guys for responding.i have bought the lens from canada and yeah, it seems he sells a lot of this stuff ;-)

fantastic stuff, todd! i would be very interested in the image quality of the lens.

in the meantime i bought a möller 32/2x lens for a good price. the lens arrived this week and i am very happy with it. the size is perfect, like an old vintage tele lens. not very heavy. 

all i need now are the clamps. i am looking for a DIY solution, perhaps i try a 52mm lens hood. 

so for now the kowa collects dust. hell, i have a gx80 and this thing is double size and weight ;-)