7d vs 100d workflow issues help please

dreamplayhouse

I was about to purchase a used 7D and start using this instead of my 100d/SL1 for ML RAW until I ran into the following issues...

When shooting ML RAW with a 7D I can see the crop marks for the cinescope (2:35.1) view but as soon as I start recording, they disappear so I can't tell where the cut off is to have the black bars top and bottom. I checked all the settings compared to my 100d/SL1 and they seem all the same.

Second issue, when I convert my SL1 files to DNG's, I can drag the first DNG onto the Adobe Premiere timeline and it automatically creates a full video clip, although I get the red focus dots :(. If I do the same with the 7d dngs, it just imports the first dng. I tried them all at once and it imports them all separately in to the project window in Premiere. Not sure why this is happening as it's just a dng just like when using my 100d/SL1.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 8/15/2017 at 5:15 PM, dreamplayhouse said:

When shooting ML RAW with a 7D I can see the crop marks for the cinescope (2:35.1) view but as soon as I start recording, they disappear so I can't tell where the cut off is to have the black bars top and bottom. I checked all the settings compared to my 100d/SL1 and they seem all the same.

Second issue, when I convert my SL1 files to DNG's, I can drag the first DNG onto the Adobe Premiere timeline and it automatically creates a full video clip, although I get the red focus dots :(. If I do the same with the 7d dngs, it just imports the first dng. I tried them all at once and it imports them all separately in to the project window in Premiere. Not sure why this is happening as it's just a dng just like when using my 100d/SL1.

First issue : In raw setting -> Allow Global Draw -> On
Second Issue : Update your MLV to DNG workflow in order to have the updates that can process images with the focussing pixels

20 hours ago, dreamplayhouse said:

30 views and no tips?

I don't think that's the way you should react to people not helping within 24 hours. Just my point of view :o 

2 hours ago, Justin Bacle said:

First issue : In raw setting -> Allow Global Draw -> On
Second Issue : Update your MLV to DNG workflow in order to have the updates that can process images with the focussing pixels

I don't think that's the way you should react to people not helping within 24 hours. Just my point of view :o 

Hi Justin, not sure what you meant by updating my workflow. I assume you mean on the 7d? I'm doing the same thing as on my SL1 so not sure what I'm doing wrong. If there is anyway I can get rid of those red focus dots on my SL1, I'd probably not think about purchasing the 7d.

You have to update MLVFS to the latest version for it to be able to remove the pink dots ;)
I'm using an old version myself on windows since I only use my 50D. But you have to upgrade if you want to use newer models.

See : 

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13152.0

and

https://bitbucket.org/dmilligan/mlvfs

13 minutes ago, Justin Bacle said:

You have to update MLVFS to the latest version for it to be able to remove the pink dots ;)
I'm using an old version myself on windows since I only use my 50D. But you have to upgrade if you want to use newer models.

See : 

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13152.0

and

https://bitbucket.org/dmilligan/mlvfs

Hmm I thought I'm running latest but maybe not? This is the attached what I used. Below shows in tiny text Version: 24ebdf5 May 5 201718:56:15

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 12.24.32 PM.png

40 minutes ago, dreamplayhouse said:

No real info about red pixels. Maybe the build from that thread will work better? I might try that one on another SD card see if I still get the pixels.

thanks

Unsure, I've never used the SL1. Since he didn't mention it, then maybe it wasn't an issue?

Use 7D.

Sometimes overlays don't display, it's just random for me, I've got used to framing squished anamorphic without proper guides, you should be able to get used to framing cinemascope. I don't have any other tips, besides using tape maybe, or clear contact with a line drawn on it in black.