Best daylight video settings for A7S (new user here)?

Damp Cat

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
26 minutes ago, Deadcode said:

1st: buy EosHD Pro Color

2nd: buy ReelSmart Motion Blur (but a Fotga VariND might be cheaper to buy...)

3rd: buy wide lenses, because you have to shoot in APSC crop mode to get perfect quality 60p with the original A7s

Assuming I can't currently obtain EOSHD Pro Color, what existing Picture Profile should I use (along with it's appropriate settings adjustments)?

Also, what is wrong with shooting 60p in full-frame mode? I thought the APS-C crop mode on the original A7S was a bit crippled compared to the full-frame mode.

Picture style 'portrait', set sharpness to -3 adjust contrast between -3 and 0 depending on the contrast ratio of the scene. Set Zebras to 100+% and don't clip important highlights. You can't go below 100iso so if you want to shoot with wide apertures you will need an ND filter unless you break the 180deg shutter rule.........

1 hour ago, Shirozina said:

Picture style 'portrait', set sharpness to -3 adjust contrast between -3 and 0 depending on the contrast ratio of the scene. Set Zebras to 100+% and don't clip important highlights. You can't go below 100iso so if you want to shoot with wide apertures you will need an ND filter unless you break the 180deg shutter rule.........

That just about covers it. I have been pleasantly surprised with ridiculously high frame rates, as long as there isn't excessive movement in the scene.

The only time my Tiffen variable ND has let me down in two years was this weekend in London - but that was shooting one clip 200mm at 120fps on a 2.2 crop (a7sii). At 440mm the focus magnifyer was saying I had hit focus but on getting it home I was some distance out. The slightest turn of the focus ring was throwing it out.

I might have got away with 1/1000th at f7.1 because there was little movement, but the sun was absolutely ruining the shot, directly on the subjects (machine gun cops outside Westminster) and bouncing off the concrete.

15 hours ago, Damp Cat said:

Hi. I got my A7S recently, and I was wondering what settings I should use to record 1080p60 video using f/2.8 and faster apertures in moderate daylight (without ND filters), and without overexposing or having my highlights clip.

Get ND filters