Cheap 7 inch 1080p field monitors

Stab

12 hours ago, Kisaha said:

"Unfortunately a little increase of price could be imposed."

That was never a 99$ monitor, or whatever it was advertised in the beginning, and all the forums are full of people complaining about this company!

To increase a price, that has been increased before without the customers really knowing, isn't the best way to trust a company, I wouldn't.

In anyway, this is going to be one of the well know OEM monitor makers (Neway and Setec are making most of the cheap monitors, and medium priced, in the market anyway) that can be found on a different name from someone else, or bought straight from the factory in Alibaba, or whatever these platforms called.

Yeah in reality, it was a Oh, you actually want to use this monitor, we will sell you a battery plate etc. etc. and that will cost you 150 bucks. But the 4k one was still a hell of a price with all the add ons. Yep, It will be available from 5 manufacturers, you are right.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

UPDATE:

I received the Seetec F7. Let me post my findings here as I promised.

It's fucking awesome. Paired it to the GH5 today. Colors are 99% the same as what I see on the camera's own display. 7 inch is a perfect size for me as I like to be inspired with what I'm shooting. It's tack sharp and viewing angles are great.

There is a slight delay which shouldn't be more than 0.3 secs. I am used to it, my other monitor had it also, but it is there. Might put some people off.
For the rest I see no downsides. It has peaking, a zoom in function, and takes Sony NP-F970 batteries. I don't know how those will last yet. I expect at least half a day.

Hard to beat for the price I think. As it came in a brandless box, I'm pretty sure these are 100% the same monitors as the Feelworld monitors and most like also the same as the Cinemartins. 

Happy shooting!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still new to this but i own a sony a7rii and i recently want to buy monitor. I was thinking about the feelworld monitor 7 because it was cheap and it can input 4k downscale on the monitor. But wondering if there is another monitor with no lag before i purchase it? for around $200?

On 3/16/2017 at 7:58 AM, SR said:

Waveform monitor for $218. Cheapest one I've seen so far. Haven't used it myself, though.

Bestview S7 7 Inch HDMI Camera Field Monitor with 2200mAh Battery and Carry Case

- 10bit IPS Screen 1920X1200 Supports 4096X2160P@24Hz 4K Signal

Features Histogram/Waveform/Internal Color Bar/Zebra

https://www.amazon.com/Bestview-Camera-Monitor-2200mAh-Battery/dp/B01NAMWXHN/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1489662621&sr=8-6&keywords=waveform+monitor

hmm not much info about it online =/ i wonder if it lags like the f7

10 hours ago, BearPhoto said:

I'm still new to this but i own a sony a7rii and i recently want to buy monitor. I was thinking about the feelworld monitor 7 because it was cheap and it can input 4k downscale on the monitor. But wondering if there is another monitor with no lag before i purchase it? for around $200?

If you are going to use that monitor outdoors I would look elsewhere. It only has 400 NiT, and that is damn low for a monitor, common though at that price point.       

6 hours ago, BearPhoto said:

The specs on that do look pretty nice for the money. Have no clue about the lag.  https://www.amazon.com/Bestview-Camera-Monitor-2200mAh-Battery/dp/B01NAMWXHN/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1489662621&sr=8-6&keywords=waveform+monitor

6 hours ago, BearPhoto said:

Review of it. http://www.jwmfoods.com/best-selling-4k-monitor-of-lcd-monitors-2017.html