Cheapest cam with clean 4K/10bit output??

Xavier Plagaro Mussard

25 minutes ago, JazzBox said:

Thank you very much Aaron!
I'll try my best to shot in the right way: honestly my only experience with log was with Pocket and I had great results, but GH4 is so simple to use (and V-Log in external is just amazing to not use it!!) :)

Just another question, excuse me if I bother you: do you think it could work in the same video using both V-Log in external and "Natural" indoor (of course with color grading)?

All the best and thank you again!

Yeah I believe so. Skintones look better in V Log, and are hard to match perfectly,  but everything else should be pretty easy to match color-wise.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

From the GH-4R specs: "4:2:2 8-bit / 4:2:2 10-bit (When 4:2:2 10-bit mode is selected, it is not possible to record motion picture or still picture on the SD memory card in the camera unit.)/Auto / C4K / 4K / 1080p/Information display ON/OFF (selectable)/Automatic down-conversion (4K --> 1080p only)"

So paired with a BM VA 7" it should work?? 4K 4:2:2 10bit??

12 hours ago, Xavier Plágaro Mussard said:

From the GH-4R specs: "4:2:2 8-bit / 4:2:2 10-bit (When 4:2:2 10-bit mode is selected, it is not possible to record motion picture or still picture on the SD memory card in the camera unit.)/Auto / C4K / 4K / 1080p/Information display ON/OFF (selectable)/Automatic down-conversion (4K --> 1080p only)"

So paired with a BM VA 7" it should work?? 4K 4:2:2 10bit??

Sure. HDMI out is 10bit 4:2:2 and, at least when well lit, the VLOG-L stuff I've seen looked like it has great basis for colors.

I'm still baffled that no competitor jumps on that opportunity, the GH4 is still your only hybrid cam with 10bit out and that after such a long time in the market.