Canon 50D ML Raw in late 2015??

IronFilm

5 hours ago, Justin Bacle said:

The one I bought had an original canon battery and lasted like 10 minutes when recording :s

I bought a couple of Patona batteries. On my last shot (4 hours event, but I always shut down the camera between takes) i did not emptied one battery. So that's pretty acceptable :)

Those batteries you got with the camera are potentially 8 years old and lord knows what was done with them.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
12 hours ago, mercer said:

@Justin Bacle have you had any error messages where the camera freezes up on you? I had that happen to me today. And then the other issue I am having is I cannot actually set my ISO any higher than 200. If I set it higher, it changes back to 200 when I hit record, but it will still say I am on 800 or 1600 in the ML menu. It will also change my shutter speed on me too.  I have to sit down and go through the ml forum and do more research, just figured I'd see if you have experienced anything similar. 

I had some errors related to the recording on the card (filesystems errors and so on) but I am now pretty sure that they appear when the camera is hot.

For your exposure problem, may sou d stupid, but are you in M mode and with expo preview set correctly ?

6 hours ago, Justin Bacle said:

I had some errors related to the recording on the card (filesystems errors and so on) but I am now pretty sure that they appear when the camera is hot.

For your exposure problem, may sou d stupid, but are you in M mode and with expo preview set correctly ?

I am in M mode and I think I have expo preview set correctly, but I will definitely double check. Thanks. I think my error message had something to do with my settings. I am trying to turn off everything I do not need, because I have read that you can obtain the best, fastest write speeds if you only use the bare essentials. I think in the process, I turned off an essential. Even with the hiccups, the results I have been seeing are blowing me away. Yeah, I predict a mkii or iii in my future within a year.