Canon 1DC has landed.

FilmMan

Would people want to risk frying their 1dx if a hack is produced?    Warranty would become null and void.   And legal issues would exist too.  It is their technology.  Sort of like saying hack the Scarlet to get a Red.  I don't think it will happen.  Too many negative variables. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Got a chance to play around with this cam yesterday. 4K only goes for about 30 seconds before automatically stopping due to overheating issues. I knew about the overheat meter, but didn't know that the time it took to start overheating was so short.

Got a chance to play around with this cam yesterday. 4K only goes for about 30 seconds before automatically stopping due to overheating issues. I knew about the overheat meter, but didn't know that the time it took to start overheating was so short.

Need to use lexar 1000x card for 4K.  If not using the correct card then issues.

If it was an over heating issue then it was a defective camema. 

Actually Canon 1DC can record at least 2 min of uninterrrupted video on Lexar 1000x - I've tried.

It created 2 .mov files and warned about it at the end.

Here is a small 12 sec video shot inside the store in 4K mode:

http://tests.dmitry.com/1DC/

4096x2160@24P, ISO 400, 1/30 sec, f/5.6, 35mm prime lens, manual focus on a fishing bowl's reflection