RX100M3 topic

Jacek

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Image quality looks identical to the Sony RX10 but the higher bitrate should really help with the heavy breakup and mud I experienced with that camera. Glad to see the back of AVCHD as well.

Curious to see if moire is dealt with better this time too.

Great compact camera... Perhaps the best.

Not a DSLR / mirrorless beater due to sensor size and no interchangeable lenses but for what it is, it seems very good... love the pop up EVF!

Might be good on drones too.

Yeah, I've just read up on that...

Few weeks ago PhotoRumors broke the story about the upcoming LX8 model. The new camera will have 4k video recording capabilities and the US price will be $899. As previously reported, the LX8 will have a build-in EVF and a larger sensor. The official announcement should be on June 16th.

~ http://photorumors.com/2014/06/08/the-new-panasonic-lx8-camera-will-have-4k-video-and-900-price-tag/

I have the LX-7 with me just about every day. It beats using a smartphone, gives you lots of creative and manual posibilities and the lens is awesome. Still it's pocketable enough to put along in a compartment of a bag or your coat pocket. I mean I love my GH2, GH4 and E-M1, but it's like the girls you're dating, you take 'em out from time to time and magic happens. My LX-7 is more like the trusty best friend you know you can always count on to be there. Would be wicked if it was a mixture between the LX-7 and the RX100M3. And then sports 4K. Great B-roll to go along with the GH4?

I was thinking about getting a replacement for the LX-7. At first I wanted to see what the RX100M3 was all about, but it wasn't my kind of cookie. Then I was like... maybe I'll take the GM1 with small zoomlens. I can also throw on one of the pancakes... but now the LX-8 is lurking around the corner. What a great way to replace the LX-7. Really curious about more specs. June 16th!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Is there anyone trying to hack the camera out there? Since you can flash firmwares, I can imagine that it will be a little bit easier to hack it.

It's really annoying that the camera turns itself off when i push the EVF back in. And I can't change the video format to PAL, the menu is just missing in the settings on my Korean version.