Sony XLR-K2M XLR Adapter Kit with Microphone

User

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Your welcome Don.

I get your point about not damaging the camera hot shoe. But the piece of the XLR-K2M that inserts into the actual hot shoe is made from thin plastic, which to me is just waiting to snap.

I understand that everything is a compromise, but I'm getting quite tired of having to come up with bullshit work arounds  to overcome the marketing tactics on low end gear.

That's why I went with the K1M and a rig. More versatile, and better construction.

Not sure how else you would like Sony to have gone about doing this - especially considering the K1M and K2M are designed to work across a range of products, not just one camera in particular.

Everything is a compromise. The only way you're getting around compromise is by spending thousands of dollars on high end specific gear, and even then it's a compromise of not being as compact.

That's why I went with the K1M and a rig. More versatile, and better construction.

Not sure how else you would like Sony to have gone about doing this - especially considering the K1M and K2M are designed to work across a range of products, not just one camera in particular.

Everything is a compromise. The only way you're getting around compromise is by spending thousands of dollars on high end specific gear, and even then it's a compromise of not being as compact.

You are not sure how I would go about building a microphone adaptor? I would use a mental connection contact point instead of brittle plastic one.

"I understand that everything is a compromise..."

Is there an echo in here or do you not have anything meaningful to add?

The device you want exists in the K1M. It just requires a little bit of extra work for it to attach. Sony have already given you 2 more options than any other DSLR manufacturer! And you complain because one of the options is a little brittle, and you can't use the device that attaches via a small area of electric contact points as a second handle..?