Jay60p Posted Monday at 08:25 PM Share Posted Monday at 08:25 PM My old Canon T2i has stopped remembering the date and time if the battery is removed. It Turns out there is a hidden internal backup rechargeable “button” battery, not mentioned in the manual. Luckily it is accessible, as seen here: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Canon+EOS+Rebel+T2i+Clock+Battery+Replacement/139543 The battery is a Seiko MS614SE, not to be found in Canon’s support pages. After some effort I found a supplier that ships it in the USA: https://eu.mouser.com/en/ProductDetail/Seiko-Instruments-Micro-Energy/MS614SE?qs=vrQyzjTsotmt1bmGskqEPQ%3D%3D I will see if the new button battery fixes the problem. There may be more to it. There is also a similar thing going on with Fuji cameras. Starting earlier this year, my X-T3 will reset & lose my settings & the date If the camera is not turned off before removing the battery. There is a YouTube about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vOv-xjUtzw In the X-T3, I do not see an access to a button battery like there is in the Canon T2i. eatstoomuchjam 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
eatstoomuchjam Posted Tuesday at 12:47 AM Share Posted Tuesday at 12:47 AM If it makes you feel better at all, nearly every Ronin 4D that was ever made is convinced that it is currently 1970. 😅 Jay60p 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Super Members BTM_Pix Posted Tuesday at 07:11 AM Super Members Share Posted Tuesday at 07:11 AM I envy the Ronin 4D for that. Jay60p and eatstoomuchjam 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jay60p Posted Tuesday at 04:26 PM Author Share Posted Tuesday at 04:26 PM 1970 was great, I started shooting 8mm with my high school friends. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MrSMW Posted 12 hours ago Share Posted 12 hours ago Ah, I miss the 70’s… These days your high school friends tend to get shot with 9mm. Jay60p 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jay60p Posted 48 minutes ago Author Share Posted 48 minutes ago I replaced the button battery, and it looks like it's fixed. I took the main battery out for half an hour, put it back, and the date & time & settings were not lost. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now