Apple event shot using Blackmagic Cam for iOS

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, SRV1981 said:

FYI - new update includes baked in LUTs now 😮 making it easier than ever to use our mobile devices 

Yeah, looks like BM is doing their normal thing of rapidly updating things with new features and bug fixes (..and also perhaps creating new bugs from their rapid development pace?  that's how Resolve is sometimes 🙂 )

• 1 month later...

I've tried to like the Blackmagic Camera App, but - (1) it takes over audio and ignores my settings in the Shure MV88+, (2) it won't let me lock shutter angle - I turn on the app and it's suddenly 172 instead of 180, (3) it won't let me lock settings individually (e.g., shutter angle), (4) the settings slider (e.g., exposure compensation) is unresponsive, too narrow, and too close to the other settings on the right side of the phone, which risks triggering something unintentionally. End of rant. I really would love to like it because the UI is so comfortable and smoother. But - bugs, bugs, bugs - not just mine, but as reported on the Blackmagic forum. Confirms my general view that we should never use apps that are less than 2-3 years old.