GoPro Hero12

Emanuel

10 hours ago, zlfan said:

GP12 can record unprocessed raw audio separately simultaneously and save into the same folder. Is there any workflow (prefer free instead of costly addons) to process this raw audio in Resolve to get good sound? Something like AI  sound noise reduction in iphone? Thx. 

You might benefit from the Voice Isolation feature in Resolve.  I'm not sure if this is a paid feature or in free version, but it seems to work pretty well in some situations.

In general though, having something on the microphones to block them from wind is essential.  You can't side-step the laws of physics 🙂 

4 hours ago, zlfan said:

You might wonder how to color grade or color correct GP-Log. The problem is that no matter how good you are at color grading, the exposure needs to be right in order to get good results. 

That's true of almost every camera.  The closest you get it right in-camera the better the output will be.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
37 minutes ago, kye said:

You might benefit from the Voice Isolation feature in Resolve.  I'm not sure if this is a paid feature or in free version, but it seems to work pretty well in some situations.

In general though, having something on the microphones to block them from wind is essential.  You can't side-step the laws of physics 🙂 

That's true of almost every camera.  The closest you get it right in-camera the better the output will be.

Thanks a lot. Will try the voice isolation. 

maybe it is better to have raw action cams, overheating may be a less issue than the current crop. 

it seems anti intuitive, but it is not. if sd overclocking is not activated, 1080p vista vision 5d3 ml raw is less likely to have overheating issue than 5d3 stock 1080p or 5d4 etc. 

tried again. in a typical in car temp, gp 12 shuts down at about 15 min even duration is set to no limit. turning on ac to maximal scale in window/front oanel/driver mode, seems solve the issue. man, it is such a "cool" experience. 

seems gopro has this media mod providing 3.5mm mic port and cold shoes. anyone has experience of this? i am thinking to mount my seinheiser mke 200 with a dead cat on it. i just cannot bear the sound from the integrated mic on gp12, it does not cancel wind at all. 

gp12 media mod has additional audio meter and hdmi out, better than the audio module and third party cage, seems the way to go. 

will mount my mke 200 on the cold shoe. another cold shoe may be for some high quality small size preamp in the future. 

any suggestion on small size high quality preamps? thx.