Nikon D810 video quality leapfrogs Canon 5D Mark III

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks!! I was starting to think there was something wrong with my lens. Could it be a problem with the way connection points on the lens not the camera? Anyways, let's hope they fix it.

No, it should be a firmware issue. These things are reversed engineered so it's never 100%. Wait for Sigma to push a firmware update. Maybe get the USB dock in the meantime?

I have a D750 to test so will put it through its paces on the blog this weekend.

Looks good so far. Flat picture profile offers pretty impressive dynamic range and there's very little weirdness coming from the sensor. At least as clean as D5300 but seems less soft.

What would be also nice, would be 1 or 2 side by side scene with some contrasty lighting to test or just see the Dynamic range between D750 and Sony A7s. Low light would also be nice.

I just saw that the A7s Slog can only be use at ISO 3200, am I right? If it is the case it is a bit useless.

What would be also nice, would be 1 or 2 side by side scene with some contrasty lighting to test or just see the Dynamic range between D750 and Sony A7s. Low light would also be nice.

I just saw that the A7s Slog can only be use at ISO 3200, am I right? If it is the case it is a bit useless.

Yeah you have to stick to ISO 3200 if you want to shoot slog. Doesn't mean it's useless but you'll have to use some pretty strong ND filters. 

@ Andrew: 

Apparently the D810 has an Auto ISO feature that allows you to set the minimum and maximum ISO and it smoothly ramps between the ISOs to keep the exposure consistent. This was mentioned in the comments of the Every Moment Counts D810 video. Could you please let us know if the D750 has the same feature? It seems to work very well and it would be fantastic to have this on the D750. Thanks!  

Regardless of the codec captured internally on the card, a professional videographer would be very likely recording the uncompressed HDMI as well. Doing so allows a bigger file in ProRes or DNx that can be directly ingested into an NLE. That the sensor technonogy is a line skipper or not, CMOS, CCD, or voodoo shouldn't matter. It's the result that counts and from what I've seen, including this video, the D810 promises to super desirable.