Rig and Follow Focus for GH4

JazzBox

Dear all, 

after some years of shooting with tripod, flycam, slider etc… I started to shoot more with monopod and Gorillapod, especially for medium close up (i.e. during music videos).

I'd like to go a step further and build up a little rig for handheld shooting for my GH4 and G6.
I cannot afford a MOVI and I don't like that much the flycam, so I was thinking to buy a little rig and a follow focus.

I'm searching something very light, like this, but I don't know if it's good enough:

http://www.amazon.it/Aputure-Magic-Rig-18001-videocamera/dp/B006MSF694/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1410350466&sr=8-18&keywords=shoulder+rig

http://www.amazon.it/handheld-Camcorder-Shoulder-Stabilizer-Viewfinder/dp/B00FVJHXVE/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1410350466&sr=8-24&keywords=shoulder+rig

http://www.amazon.it/Movie-Shoulder-Follow-Cameras-Camcorders/dp/B00CRJWZ7I/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1410350466&sr=8-26&keywords=shoulder+rig

Have you some suggestions for both rig and follow focus? :)
Thank you!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I would not recommend those things which press against your chest. I used to have one. Because you're still using your arm to support the weight and to press the pad into your chest, you will still get jitters.

If I were you i would continue using the gorillapod, which rests on your shoulders.

My personal setup includes:

• Four 15mm, four inch rods.
  • One Z bracket
  • Shoulder pad
  • Baseplate with quick release to mount the camera on
  • Counter weight
  • Handle
  • Kamerar Follow Focus
  • Kamerar Viewfinder Magnifier

I would not take this for casual shooting though :P

'>

I have found that a follow focus on micro 4/3 is not very good so I stopped using it years ago

the lens mount is very small in diameter and you get movement of the mount as you turn the follow focus and this applies an upward or downward force on the lens , I had to cable tie the lens to the rods and always use lens supports to stop any movement.....so I dont use at any more .....

I was using the Kamera follow focus .

its difficult with short lenses as you need a lens support on your 15mm rods and a cable tie around the lens to hold it steady plus you then need to get the follow focus into position with the gears etc.......its all trial and error for each lens they all have different needs !!

and then Nikon is another story as they rotate the wrong way so you need a step gear to reverse it --aarrgghhh!!

in the end I just scrapped the whole idea of follow focus on micro 4/3 as it just slowed me down so much, try changing lenses in a hurry on set with actors waiting around ......forget it

So now I just use 3 cameras with different lenses on each rig .

When I need a different lens...I grab a different rig all set up its so much quicker